Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > PreludeZone Media section > Member's Rides

Thread Title
:::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 04:53 AM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
:::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

My recently purchased 94 Prelude VTEC w/ 176,000 miles :D
















Engine:
GReddy header
Cheap eBay intake

Interior:
E-brake handle(Unknown brand)

Exterior:
Stock.

Suspension:
Stock.

ICE:
Sony headunit
*Speakers brand unknown
OEM VTEC subwoofer w/ amp
OEM tweeters

Misc:
Viper car alarm
Window tint (Previous owner put some pretty disgusting looking tint on the side windows, took the back seat window tint out but left the front windows looking bad.)

Future Mods:
JDM chrome door handles (Awaiting they're arrival in mail!)
__________________

Last edited by 48VTEC; 05-30-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Nice car, I miss my red one. Look up the paperclip fix for the cup holder-best free mod I've ever done, especially seeing people selling a working one for $60.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 08:14 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Thanks man. How'd you know my cup holder doesn't work? Lol
I'm definitely gonna go check out that fix though. It gets annoying always seeing an open cup holder.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

A true 'luder wouldn't leave the 4th gen cup holder open if they didn't have to ;)
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 10:10 PM
EvilBird's Avatar
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)
EvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond reputeEvilBird has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

SWWWWEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!

Nice find man! Same red as mine

that baby looks pretty frekin clean besides the seat wear....

get us an engine bay shot if you get a chance.

god I need to move , all the nice cars are in the south, every Lude around here is a rust bucket.
__________________
1993 BB1 Prelude VTEC...JDM H22A, T2W4 LSD, new paint/shaved/tucked, under construction..
1997 BB6 Prelude SH...parts car, stripped & SOLD

Follow my thread http://www.preludezone.com/4th-gen-h...gen-build.html
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
A true 'luder wouldn't leave the 4th gen cup holder open if they didn't have to ;)
So true man! lol I'll be sure to post up pics of the fix when I complete it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBird View Post
SWWWWEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!

Nice find man! Same red as mine

that baby looks pretty frekin clean besides the seat wear....

get us an engine bay shot if you get a chance.

god I need to move , all the nice cars are in the south, every Lude around here is a rust bucket.
Thanks man! I believe it's a very lucky find as well. And I'd agree that it's pretty clean except for the front seat wear, and whoever painted it a few years back didn't do bad at all on the body it's self, but overspray is the most irritating thing to see on it! Just a little on the front lip really. Got a little run off paint that dried up over the license tag lights pretty bad. But it can be resolved with no problem so I'm happy to have picked this one up ! I can't complain at all. I love this Lude to death.

And I'll be sure to post up engine bay pics tomorrow! I wish I had it cleaned already but I don't know how to clean a bay or what to clean it with, and I really don't know who to take it to besides a detail shop. The one I normally go to, I'm paranoid that they'll mess up something by cleaning it. But maybe they know what their doing, idk...it's just the thought. It is a cheap intake on it ya know? Lol

I stay in Littleton, NC but picked her up in Durham NC. I can't lie, there are decent ones(4th gens) out now at this time(around my way). But 6 months ago today, I had no luck on a 4th gen EVER! Lol They were all abused and rust buckets. You could come up on a 5th gen Type SH or base way quicker than you'd find a 4th gen. Not to mention a VTEC model! I never thought I'd own one because it's such a rare care. God is good guys.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

On my engine bay, I WD-40'ed the whole thing, drove it to the high pressure wash and went to town on everything but the distributor and the fuse box. I never have, but people say to cover that stuff and the alternator with a plastic bag or something.

If you don't live close to the DIY car wash, I'd go there and wash the car first, and let the engine bay cool while you washed the rest of the car before spraying it. I'm lucky cuz there's one of those car washes like 2min away so I get there before anything but the header is hot.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
On my engine bay, I WD-40'ed the whole thing, drove it to the high pressure wash and went to town on everything but the distributor and the fuse box. I never have, but people say to cover that stuff and the alternator with a plastic bag or something.

If you don't live close to the DIY car wash, I'd go there and wash the car first, and let the engine bay cool while you washed the rest of the car before spraying it. I'm lucky cuz there's one of those car washes like 2min away so I get there before anything but the header is hot.

Wow I never would have thought WD-40 could be engine cleaner. I thought that stuff was just something for squeaky bolts and what not. Lol

Luckily for me I actually have a pressure washer at home! I hope it's not too strong for it...it's not the fanciest pressure washer but idk if it's stronger than what's at the car wash or not.

If I couldn't use that washer, I'd have to travel 15 minutes to get to a car wash.

But do you spray the engine bay and let it sit for a while before spraying?
And I'm guessing it wouldn't mess the alternator, distributor, and fuse box up if water just gets on it from the spraying on everything else?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Here is the bay! Just needs to be cleaned and it should look pretty good. Especially once I get another intake. I'm thinking about going with one of the best...AEM V2 with a K&N filter.

Any suggestions on any other great intakes?







Anyone know anything about this header? Is this a good one or what?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2014, 01:20 AM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

I'm pretty sure the Greddy isn't really anything special other than a prettier version of the stock header, as in, you're not getting much gain from it.


Good idea on concentrating on an intake next. That one on there doesn't even route to the right place haha. AEM V2's are pretty popular, but there's a lot of people that will say 'a pipe is a pipe' and argue that all it does it locate the filter the same place as $30 Ebay intakes. The piping itself is really only better because it has a larger intake chamber than others, but you'd still be sucking in primarily hot engine bay air. 80% of people will tell you to get a stock intake box with a K&N because it's a true cold-air system, or even search for a JDM Type-S Prelude intake that has a resonance chamber in it.


For the WD40..yeah I always sprayed in all over the place, drove to the car wash to let it soak in a little and heat up some before spraying it off. Honestly, I put it on everything but the intake filter, and only had to take off the distributor cap to dry it out twice (which was a pain cuz I was stranded at the car wash til I dried it out).
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.


Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2014, 04:24 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Good idea on concentrating on an intake next. That one on there doesn't even route to the right place haha. AEM V2's are pretty popular, but there's a lot of people that will say 'a pipe is a pipe' and argue that all it does it locate the filter the same place as $30 Ebay intakes. The piping itself is really only better because it has a larger intake chamber than others, but you'd still be sucking in primarily hot engine bay air. 80% of people will tell you to get a stock intake box with a K&N because it's a true cold-air system, or even search for a JDM Type-S Prelude intake that has a resonance chamber in it.

Yeah I figured that intake must go lol !

Is this JDM Type-S intake one that comes off the Type-S & SiR S-Spec 5th gen ludes in Japan ? & do they come with the resonance chamber?

For the WD40..yeah I always sprayed in all over the place, drove to the car wash to let it soak in a little and heat up some before spraying it off. Honestly, I put it on everything but the intake filter, and only had to take off the distributor cap to dry it out twice (which was a pain cuz I was stranded at the car wash til I dried it out).[/QUOTE]

So you have to check if the distributor cap has water in it before cranking the car up again?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2014, 04:26 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Yeah I figured that intake must go lol !

Is this JDM Type-S intake one that comes off the Type-S & SiR S-Spec 5th gen ludes in Japan ? & do they come with the resonance chamber?


So you have to check if the distributor cap has water in it before cranking the car up again?
__________________

Last edited by 48VTEC; 06-02-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Type-S Intake with K&N drop-in filter on my Prelude;





If the distributor cap gets water in it, you'll know haha. It will idle like crap and you pretty much won't be able to go anywhere til you dry it. Or it will just sputter while it's trying to start.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.


Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2014, 04:16 AM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Your bay is so clean man. I definitely gotta try the WD-40. But does the JDM Type-S intake come with the resonance chamber?

Here is what I found on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=131175566371


http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=131175566371

& here is just a mint Type-S intake pipe
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=200994809418
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2014, 04:32 AM
TypeT's Avatar
Grand Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kuopio, Finland
Posts: 3,839
iTrader: (0)
TypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these partsTypeT is infamous around these parts
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48VTEC View Post
Any suggestions on any other great intakes?
Id say that Type S is waste of money - its way too expensive to be smart choice when the gains are pretty little over the stock intake with better filter

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=33-2090

stock with better filter is ok

OR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1996-HO...12e918&vxp=mtr

or any other 3"/3,5" cai pipe

with better filter
"In Stock" Injen x 1014 Dry Air Filter 3 00" Inlet 6" Base 5" Tall 5" Top | eBay



Quote:
Originally Posted by 48VTEC View Post
Anyone know anything about this header? Is this a good one or what?
greddy is pretty close to stock.

theres just few good headers for h22's

PLM Power Driven H22 Tri Y Header 4 2 1 H22 Civic Integra Prelude | eBay

https://www.roskoracing.com/cgi-bin/...n&key=VIB-2540

Highend Tri Y H22A Long Tube Header V2 Civic Integra H22 Swap | eBay

hytech rep, vibrant and logic

well then theres real hytech, rmf and so on, but they cost over 1000

exhaust - go custom: 2,5"/3" kteller piping with vibrant resonators and some muffler

http://kteller.com/
__________________
Honda Prelude 1997 2.2 VTI

...meanwhile in Finland http://www.preludezone.com/members-r...7-2-2-vti.html

Last edited by TypeT; 06-07-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48VTEC View Post
Your bay is so clean man. I definitely gotta try the WD-40. But does the JDM Type-S intake come with the resonance chamber?

Here is what I found on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=131175566371


http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=131175566371

& here is just a mint Type-S intake pipe
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=200994809418

None of those look like a complete Type-S intake. The first two are the same listings? Unless my browser is doing something weird. The intake itself has 3 pieces; the intake filter box, that resonance chamber, and the elbow that will connect it to the throttle body (this is the piece that's missing in those links you posted).

I have to agree with TypeT, it's too expensive a piece to buy brand new, unless you're a baller. I got mine for a good price from another member here on PZ, and it came from them with a K&N filter. If you're patient, do what I did and if you can't find a deal, put a normal stock one on with a K&N and wait for someone on here or on the Facebook BBAlliance page to sell one. If you're on Facebook, look up that group and request to join. If you can't find a normal stock intake locally at a junkyard or something, I have two I'm trying to sell cheap . They both use the same K&N filter so you wouldn't be wasting your money there. BUT, if the opportunity presents itself, absolutely take it. You will not find any Prelude owner trading a Type-S intake for anything else like an Injen or AEM.

Whatever you decide to do, when it comes to an intake, it comes down to getting cooler air. In a Prelude, the place to do this is through that hole in front of the front passenger wheel. If the previous owner didn't do it already, there's a big ugly black resonator box (not the same as the Type-S resonance chamber) in that space that you'll want to work on removing. Good luck buddy.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.



Last edited by Lindso; 06-07-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2014, 07:50 AM
bykfixer's Avatar
Supreme Member
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: could you repeat the question?
Posts: 11,121
iTrader: (4)
bykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

D@m yall's avatars are similar.

Removing the resonator chamber is a pita. I'd reccomend leaving it in the fender until you have to remove the bumper cover for some other project. Or go to a junkyard and disassemble a 4th gen at that part of the car so you'll know what not to do on your nice car
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ogsmakdade View Post
welcome to site Carl
...is a golden car fax kinda like a golden ticket? Sure hope willy wonka didn't put any snozberries in your motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elspectro29 View Post
Only seen the first one, 15 years ago in theaters. Plan on keeping it that way. Get off my lawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
I remember my first thread, asking what a noise was when I got going 110mph.
Pretty much got flamed for driving like a jackass and was told to slow down. And I'll be damned, slowing down fixed it.

God's Not Dead
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

^^Always such thoughtful advice!

It is quite a little bitch to get to. I have slim hands and did it without removing the bumper cover, all I did was move by the wheel well splash liner and stick my arm up in there with my little 10mm socket and wrench til I found and unscrewed each of the 3(?) bolts holding it in. I'll see if I can find a pic or something..




EDIT:

This is the best one in my own collection I could find. The yellow dots are about where the bolts are that you need to get to;





This is on another website looking at the resonator as if you're sitting where the wheel is;




You can see the bumper cover is still on so there's a small amount of wiggle room, but it's still pretty tight so depending on your build, you will have an easier time with the bumper cover off like Byk said.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.



Last edited by Lindso; 06-07-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2014, 12:49 AM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
None of those look like a complete Type-S intake. The first two are the same listings? Unless my browser is doing something weird. The intake itself has 3 pieces; the intake filter box, that resonance chamber, and the elbow that will connect it to the throttle body (this is the piece that's missing in those links you posted).


I have to agree with TypeT, it's too expensive a piece to buy brand new, unless you're a baller. I got mine for a good price from another member here on PZ, and it came from them with a K&N filter. If you're patient, do what I did and if you can't find a deal, put a normal stock one on with a K&N and wait for someone on here or on the Facebook BBAlliance page to sell one. If you're on Facebook, look up that group and request to join. If you can't find a normal stock intake locally at a junkyard or something, I have two I'm trying to sell cheap . They both use the same K&N filter so you wouldn't be wasting your money there. BUT, if the opportunity presents itself, absolutely take it. You will not find any Prelude owner trading a Type-S intake for anything else like an Injen or AEM.

Whatever you decide to do, when it comes to an intake, it comes down to getting cooler air. In a Prelude, the place to do this is through that hole in front of the front passenger wheel. If the previous owner didn't do it already, there's a big ugly black resonator box (not the same as the Type-S resonance chamber) in that space that you'll want to work on removing. Good luck buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
D@m yall's avatars are similar.

Removing the resonator chamber is a pita. I'd reccomend leaving it in the fender until you have to remove the bumper cover for some other project. Or go to a junkyard and disassemble a 4th gen at that part of the car so you'll know what not to do on your nice car

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=121213957298
Sorry about the mistake on the links. Here is that other one. I see that the elbow connecting the intake to the manifold is missing as well right?
Could you guys tell me how come I would have to remove this resonator box? It must be because I need to put the Type S or OEM intake box where the hole is???
__________________

Last edited by 48VTEC; 06-15-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48VTEC View Post
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=121213957298
Sorry about the mistake on the links. Here is that other one. I see that the elbow connecting the intake to the manifold is missing as well right?
Could you guys tell me how come I would have to remove this resonator box? It must be because I need to put the Type S or OEM intake box where the hole is???
Yeah I don't see it on that one either. I mean, I'm sure you could find a place that can sell or make you a 45-degree coupler for it, but personally I'd rather have the whole thing.

You don't "NEED" to remove that resonator box if you're going to continue using an air intake made for a Prelude. It would get in the way if you bought an AEM or Injen CAI that required you put the air filter down there in the wheel well. However, the general consensus is that the resonator box is more of a hindrance for air flow, so pretty much everyone takes it off anyway.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.


Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2014, 10:31 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
Yeah I don't see it on that one either. I mean, I'm sure you could find a place that can sell or make you a 45-degree coupler for it, but personally I'd rather have the whole thing.

You don't "NEED" to remove that resonator box if you're going to continue using an air intake made for a Prelude. It would get in the way if you bought an AEM or Injen CAI that required you put the air filter down there in the wheel well. However, the general consensus is that the resonator box is more of a hindrance for air flow, so pretty much everyone takes it off anyway.
Do you think the elbow from the OEM intake would fit the type S? I'm sure I an easily get that elbow off of one.

And would I be getting any better air flow by removing it even if I still used the OEM or type S? Or possibly the AEM V2 which does not go in the wheel well?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

I'm pretty sure the elbow on the OEM intake is a lot longer than the TypeS elbow. That, and the resonance chamber on the TypeS needs a larger coupler I think. I'll be working on my Prelude here in a little while, I'll try to get an example if you 'd like.

If you got an AEM intake, the resonator in the fender would be pointless. Honestly, I don't believe it helps out much at all. It has a butterfly valve that opens at a certain RPM to try to match airflow with the engine's demands, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want all the airflow you can get all the time, since it's gonna be bottlenecked at the TB anyway. Plus, that resonator is like a little air maze. I researched a lot and never found the real benefit, other than you can drive through water up to the top of the fender almost before you suck in water. Without it, you can only wade in up to the headlight..
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.


Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2014, 04:14 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
I'm pretty sure the elbow on the OEM intake is a lot longer than the TypeS elbow. That, and the resonance chamber on the TypeS needs a larger coupler I think. I'll be working on my Prelude here in a little while, I'll try to get an example if you 'd like.
Yeah an example will be cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
If you got an AEM intake, the resonator in the fender would be pointless. Honestly, I don't believe it helps out much at all. It has a butterfly valve that opens at a certain RPM to try to match airflow with the engine's demands, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want all the airflow you can get all the time, since it's gonna be bottlenecked at the TB anyway. Plus, that resonator is like a little air maze. I researched a lot and never found the real benefit, other than you can drive through water up to the top of the fender almost before you suck in water. Without it, you can only wade in up to the headlight..
How easy is it exactly for an AEM intake to suck in water anyway? It seems like the CAI ones are much more likely to, because they are down there in the wheel well. And at the same time, it seems like the intakes like the AEM V2 are less likely to get water inside since they aren't down in the well.

So what I'm getting from this right now is that, with this resonator box, I won't get maximum air flow BUT I'll get protected from water easily getting inside my intake(this applies to the intakes like OEM, & AEM V2 since the CAI ones in the wheel well demand for the resonator box to be removed). Unless the resonator box only protects the intake from water with the OEM intakes & the type S only because of how it fits or whatever.

I would think that the only way water could get in would be to have drove up on a flooded road and the water is really deep up to the headlights or higher, and maybe splashing though deep puddles in pot holes on the roads?? Other than that your intake should be safe right? If this is correct, I understand why most ppl take it out. Lol
__________________

Last edited by 48VTEC; 07-10-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2014, 04:14 AM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

***UPDATE !*** 7/11/14

So tonight as I was lounging around with boredom. Something told me to go ahead and look up the cup holder fix that Lindso told me about.

So I looked it up on google and found this:
Honda Prelude • How to: Repair your 4th gen Cup Holder : Guides / How to's / Tech Section


Immediately I went outside to get my cup holder and also another random piece that I THOUGHT went to the cup holder.



That's what came in the center console when I bought my car and I always thought it went to the cup holder until I actually read the fix!

Anyone know wtf this is? I really could never guess! I also have like 3 or 4 screws in the center console. They may go to the console itself since I am missing at least 2! Lol but idk....haven't really been stressing it because I actually wanna get a minty(or close) center console because mine has like a burnt mark that's pretty big on the back above the ash tray. And also a crack right beneath the climate control area.

Anyway....as I took the cup holder out the center console, something told me to check under it to see if the little clip you need to make the cup holder work was there.

And wallaaaaa ! ! ! There it was lying in the dirt and sitting right beneath the cup holder.


And from there, the cup holder fix amazed me at how simple it was. I mean, I never would've thought this little piece of metal was the key to this cup holder! Lol

I mean really....

Step 1


Step 2
It closes ! Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhh


Step 3
Wallaaaa ! Your cup holder is now "working"



I hope this can help some other fellow 4th genners out there who don't know of the simple fix! And like Lindso said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
best free mod I've ever done, especially seeing people selling a working one for $60.


So as I've stated earlier in the thread, I did get my JDM chrome door handles!!! I've actually had them for a while now thanks to Bartsoz for the find...don't want to install them until I get another door handle trim for the driver side. Being that mine is broken.


And also I picked up the shift boot I wanted!
JDM Integra Type R Yellow Stitch!



Still in its packaging until I can get the shift knob I want.

I've got my mind set on the ARC titanium matte finish! I've seen the Mugen round knob with the etched pattern, and it's cool but I really don't like the silver color! It is a cheaper alternative surprisingly!

What do you guys think? I feel all over the place with my build so far. These are my first mods so I'll be coming along slowly since I'm a full-time college student. But things that are getting done next is replacing the intake with OEM and a K&N inside. And then I GOTTA get that rust on the car gone.

Other than that, little things like the few parts I'm in need of....
OEM Jack with tools and cover, ebrake grip, driver side handle trim, a hood prop since mine is missing the plasti piece that goes in the hood, and the center console! Just little interior things.

The ABS light will be coming off soon, as I'm working on getting whatever I need for that. And starting next week I'll be pulling my dash out to fix my gas/temp gauge problem. She's not working at all where the gas/temp is.
__________________

Last edited by 48VTEC; 07-11-2014 at 04:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2014, 08:26 AM
bykfixer's Avatar
Supreme Member
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: could you repeat the question?
Posts: 11,121
iTrader: (4)
bykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Congrats on getting that cup holder working. Honda's real big on wire stuff into a plastic hole that fails over time, as the plastic becomes brittle.

Car-part.com for some of your items like the jack/tools, and maybe a cover.

Try roadkillcustoms.com for a listing of junkyards in your vicinity.
I joined a wishlist for a local recycler and get an email when preludes arrive.

Pm me a list if your local junkyards or car-parts come up empty. We'll look out for some stuff for ya at our cost plus shipping.

You are doing a nice job imo. Keep up the good work. And Lindso is very knowledgable top to bottom of these cars. If he says duct tape it, buy some duct tape.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ogsmakdade View Post
welcome to site Carl
...is a golden car fax kinda like a golden ticket? Sure hope willy wonka didn't put any snozberries in your motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elspectro29 View Post
Only seen the first one, 15 years ago in theaters. Plan on keeping it that way. Get off my lawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
I remember my first thread, asking what a noise was when I got going 110mph.
Pretty much got flamed for driving like a jackass and was told to slow down. And I'll be damned, slowing down fixed it.

God's Not Dead
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Lazarky's Avatar
Grand Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Posts: 4,820
iTrader: (1)
Lazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond reputeLazarky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

its the little things that make us happy, nice!
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2014, 03:25 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
Congrats on getting that cup holder working. Honda's real big on wire stuff into a plastic hole that fails over time, as the plastic becomes brittle.

Car-part.com for some of your items like the jack/tools, and maybe a cover.

Try roadkillcustoms.com for a listing of junkyards in your vicinity.
I joined a wishlist for a local recycler and get an email when preludes arrive.

Pm me a list if your local junkyards or car-parts come up empty. We'll look out for some stuff for ya at our cost plus shipping.

You are doing a nice job imo. Keep up the good work. And Lindso is very knowledgable top to bottom of these cars. If he says duct tape it, buy some duct tape.
Thanks Byk!! I'll look on car-parts to see what I can get now. I'm about to get that list PM'd to you too! Then I'll check to see what all are in the few junkyards in my area. Usually they never have any ludes, but always a ton of accords!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarky View Post
its the little things that make us happy, nice!
Thanks man, and it's the little things that makes the car truly a great car. I'm so eager to get these parts and get these small fixes done so I can really research on my bigger mods! I can't wait to get her lowered on some coilovers and get a sick retrofit done to a set of JDM headlights!

Right now I've got my eyes open for JDM window visors, and JDM yellow lens fogs. Fogs are seeming hard to come by by all means, window visors are just being so highly priced on eBay. I'm a patient luder though .
__________________

Last edited by 48VTEC; 07-11-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2014, 03:27 PM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Did anyone know what that weird looking piece I have goes to? Lol We know it's definitely not the cup holder.
__________________

Last edited by 48VTEC; 07-11-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Lindso's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Being sodomized by my Prelude
Posts: 2,871
iTrader: (9)
Lindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond reputeLindso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Nice job on the cup holder! I was so excited when I got that lid outta my way. Can't wait to see your spiffy new boot in place :)


Quote:
Originally Posted by 48VTEC View Post
Yeah an example will be cool!

How easy is it exactly for an AEM intake to suck in water anyway? It seems like the CAI ones are much more likely to, because they are down there in the wheel well. And at the same time, it seems like the intakes like the AEM V2 are less likely to get water inside since they aren't down in the well.

So what I'm getting from this right now is that, with this resonator box, I won't get maximum air flow BUT I'll get protected from water easily getting inside my intake(this applies to the intakes like OEM, & AEM V2 since the CAI ones in the wheel well demand for the resonator box to be removed). Unless the resonator box only protects the intake from water with the OEM intakes & the type S only because of how it fits or whatever.

I would think that the only way water could get in would be to have drove up on a flooded road and the water is really deep up to the headlights or higher, and maybe splashing though deep puddles in pot holes on the roads?? Other than that your intake should be safe right? If this is correct, I understand why most ppl take it out. Lol

I toooooootally forgot about the comparison pics for you, I'm sorry. It's been like 90 degrees out with 20-40% humidity so I just did what I had to do to the car and went the hell home.



Anyway, you're right, it'd gonna be damn near impossible to suck up enough water to ruin anything unless you put that front corner of the car under a foot or more of water, or drive through puddles in the rain with no wheel well splash guards. Your OEM intake and the TypeS intake both use the same bottom half of the filter box, and thus both pull air from that corner of the car behind the bumper cover. An AEM V2 will be pulling air from inside the engine bay where air temperatures are much higher, which is never ideal. That will happen whether or not you remove that resonator box.


P.S. I have no clue what that piece is. Actually looks like it's spring loaded and would go to a cup holder or some mechanism like that, maybe the little ash tray thing below the radio? Or the ash try in the back of the arm rest? I dunno if those are even spring loaded.

If you're still interested in the brake lever and the jack cover, let me know and I'll get em out to you.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by emathew View Post
Bykfixr doesn't like me for my suspension questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
I don't like idiots.


Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2014, 03:24 AM
48VTEC's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)
48VTEC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 48VTEC
Re: :::48VTEC::: 1994 VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
Nice job on the cup holder! I was so excited when I got that lid outta my way. Can't wait to see your spiffy new boot in place :)
Thanks man! I'm so glad you told me about that fix! Or I would've never thought of doing anything to it but trashing it and paying $60 for another one. But I just need to find the perfect shift knob for my boot and she's getting installed! :)





Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
I toooooootally forgot about the comparison pics for you, I'm sorry. It's been like 90 degrees out with 20-40% humidity so I just did what I had to do to the car and went the hell home.
I understand man, the summer heat is no joke! I'm surprised i don't see ppl installing a/c in their shops/garage! Lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
Anyway, you're right, it'd gonna be damn near impossible to suck up enough water to ruin anything unless you put that front corner of the car under a foot or more of water, or drive through puddles in the rain with no wheel well splash guards. Your OEM intake and the TypeS intake both use the same bottom half of the filter box, and thus both pull air from that corner of the car behind the bumper cover. An AEM V2 will be pulling air from inside the engine bay where air temperatures are much higher, which is never ideal. That will happen whether or not you remove that resonator box.


P.S. I have no clue what that piece is. Actually looks like it's spring loaded and would go to a cup holder or some mechanism like that, maybe the little ash tray thing below the radio? Or the ash try in the back of the arm rest? I dunno if those are even spring loaded.

If you're still interested in the brake lever and the jack cover, let me know and I'll get em out to you.
Yeah as long as you don't drive through a foot or more of water it's fine. And I know I won't be taking the splash guards off so I'd probably take it out at some point.

And that piece, I'll probably hang on to it just in case I come across something that it matches up with. It may not even belong to a prelude. Lol

And yeah man I want the brake lever and the jack cover. Check your PM
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
:::ton3::: 1994 VTEC t0n3 Member's Rides 96 01-11-2017 02:40 PM
::Campbell:: 1994 JDM Prelude Si/Vtec Campbell Member's Rides 24 02-21-2011 06:19 PM
:::Adrenaline::: 1994 Si VTEC Adrenaline Member's Rides 7 06-15-2010 06:50 PM
1994 Vtec Speedo Magentamm Car Interior 5 09-12-2008 08:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.