Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Tech-Talk > General Tech Talk

Thread Title
everything acting funny

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2008, 02:04 AM
ninety3lude's Avatar
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nebraska
Posts: 472
iTrader: (2)
ninety3lude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ninety3lude
everything acting funny

ok, lol my car is really startin to scare me. i have my cd player and fan problem still.

you guys know about my fire.

my passenger window wasnt working along with my front blinkers, i changed out my blinker socket and now they work, and magically my passenger window does too.

so when i was going to get out of my car, with the key completely out and my door open, i still had power to the sunroof and the windows but my dome light didnt come on(like it should if you have the door open). my passenger one worked exactly how it should, everything worked until you open the door, then it quits workin. my dome light came on when the door opens, everything seems to be workin good... so i told my friend about the problem and went to show him what i was talkin about and everything worked exactly how it was supposed to(except the cd player), and even my fan wasnt turning on when i moved the slider(my other problem in the other thread), which would normally be a good thing but its worrying me cuz its just doing random stuff.

my car has always idled stupid, at least until my lawyer says i can try to fix it. it will idle normal but if i touch the gas then when it comes back down the and the clutch is in the rpm's will drop to like 150. the other day i was cruisin and it actually was touchin zero. i went to shift to 4th after i was coasting for a while and it clutch started cuz it had died and i didnt even know it. it starts up great and everything and now when i went to show my parents, it didnt do it anymore, i havent had a problem with it dieing at all now. lol wtf is going on.

also, it idles a lot smoother if my heater is on, the rpm's dont dip nearly as much.
__________________
JDM H22a 4ws


New years resolution... forced induction by summer

If you boost it, they will cum
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 AM
PreludeBoy95''s Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Corn Field, Iowa
Posts: 1,272
iTrader: (1)
PreludeBoy95' is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PreludeBoy95' Send a message via MSN to PreludeBoy95'
your **** is all effed up dude...take it to a honda dealership or something
__________________


:jester: Not-on-the-H22-bandwagon: Member #9


.:BBsquad.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 PM
ninety3lude's Avatar
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nebraska
Posts: 472
iTrader: (2)
ninety3lude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ninety3lude
thanks man... glad you could put some hope in my life. lol unfortunately im not rich and that is something required to have it worked on by honda... and of course my lawsuit puts that option quite out of the question
__________________
JDM H22a 4ws


New years resolution... forced induction by summer

If you boost it, they will cum
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Prelude13's Avatar
Hi.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: awd land :D
Posts: 6,583
iTrader: (2)
Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13
Wow that's a lot of weird stuff happening...

I dunno, i could say that your thermostat is going bad, or your IAC valve needs to be cleaned...which could tie into your fan problem(s)...

I dont know where to start, you seem to have a Gremlin in your Prelude...
__________________
'14 Impreza
'04 TSX sold
'90 Si sold


Everyone! Resource guides are here:
5th gen.
4th gen.
3rd gen.
2nd gen.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Dwend's Avatar
I ♥ Race Cars

 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: WS - North Carolina
Posts: 994
iTrader: (5)
Dwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond reputeDwend has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety3lude View Post
so when i was going to get out of my car, with the key completely out and my door open, i still had power to the sunroof and the windows but my dome light didnt come on(like it should if you have the door open). my passenger one worked exactly how it should, everything worked until you open the door, then it quits workin. my dome light came on when the door opens, everything seems to be workin good...
That sounds like the thingy on the door sill needs to be cleaned or jiggled. Mine dose it some times.
__________________

-86 Honda CRX
-93 Honda Prelude 4ws
- 09 Top Kart Speedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Late Ayrton Senna
Honda Prelude: Just Move It.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Prelude13's Avatar
Hi.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: awd land :D
Posts: 6,583
iTrader: (2)
Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13 Prelude13
^sounds more like an ignition switch on its way out...
__________________
'14 Impreza
'04 TSX sold
'90 Si sold


Everyone! Resource guides are here:
5th gen.
4th gen.
3rd gen.
2nd gen.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008, 02:34 AM
ninety3lude's Avatar
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nebraska
Posts: 472
iTrader: (2)
ninety3lude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ninety3lude
what would be some ways to tell if my ignition switch is going out. i had an h22 swap and my mech was a tard so is it possible to that it has somethin do to with the dizzy.
__________________
JDM H22a 4ws


New years resolution... forced induction by summer

If you boost it, they will cum
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008, 02:53 AM
ImPorTuNeRdJ's Avatar
Grand Member
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fake Italy
Posts: 3,899
iTrader: (8)
ImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond repute
not to thread jack..but sometimes i can control my windows when my key is out of the ignition, i also have the h22..just my 2 cents
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008, 06:04 AM
Mdtdnb's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado Springs! MAD COLD!
Posts: 1,459
iTrader: (2)
Mdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond reputeMdtdnb has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mdtdnb Send a message via Yahoo to Mdtdnb
I'm not 100% on this but i believe the windows are on a timer and will operate for about 15-30 seconds or so or until either door is opened after the key is removed. That is what my 5th gen does anyways.

As for the rest of it, it is definitely gremlins. it sounds like you will just need to take an afternoon and team up with somebody who is good with auto electronics as well as the mechanics and just start troubleshooting various sources. I would start with the fuses and battery as expected, then check your door triggers as stated above (jiggle the handle!) to see what your domelight is doing. Any power source that has power even if the key is not in the ignition (constant power) will have a fuse located under the hood. the power sources that require the key to be in the on postion will have a fuse under the dash board.

If your ignition switch is crapping out, you will have to drop your lower dash board and test the wires individually. If your car is cranking fine, you may not have any issues with that part.

I would like to think that it is probably just one or two small things going bad that is causing a lot of the systems to act up. That is common with electronics in cars. you know, the smallest problems have the biggest symptoms.
As for the idling, I'm gonna let someone else take that one.
__________________

sig # 2 by OceanBorn


Member #28 of the BB Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyznutz View Post
You can NEVER have too many tools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brash22 View Post
Custom plates are gay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
I try not to hang around people that seem like that, because lets face it you can tell by Oreilys flame decals on their cars from a mile away
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 AM
hojemwod's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,419
iTrader: (6)
hojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to hojemwod
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety3lude View Post
ok, lol my car is really startin to scare me. i have my cd player and fan problem still.

you guys know about my fire.

my passenger window wasnt working along with my front blinkers, i changed out my blinker socket and now they work, and magically my passenger window does too.

so when i was going to get out of my car, with the key completely out and my door open, i still had power to the sunroof and the windows but my dome light didnt come on(like it should if you have the door open). my passenger one worked exactly how it should, everything worked until you open the door, then it quits workin. my dome light came on when the door opens, everything seems to be workin good... so i told my friend about the problem and went to show him what i was talkin about and everything worked exactly how it was supposed to(except the cd player), and even my fan wasnt turning on when i moved the slider(my other problem in the other thread), which would normally be a good thing but its worrying me cuz its just doing random stuff.

my car has always idled stupid, at least until my lawyer says i can try to fix it. it will idle normal but if i touch the gas then when it comes back down the and the clutch is in the rpm's will drop to like 150. the other day i was cruisin and it actually was touchin zero. i went to shift to 4th after i was coasting for a while and it clutch started cuz it had died and i didnt even know it. it starts up great and everything and now when i went to show my parents, it didnt do it anymore, i havent had a problem with it dieing at all now. lol wtf is going on.

also, it idles a lot smoother if my heater is on, the rpm's dont dip nearly as much.
i still get power to my sunroof and windows with the key out until i open the door..i thought it was a honda safety/convenience thing..my door sensor was f'ed up at one point too, if you take it apart and clean it(light sandpaper on the metal contacts) every once and a while it should keep working
i dunno about your idle problem, that is messed up! lol

Last edited by hojemwod; 03-05-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008, 08:21 PM
ninety3lude's Avatar
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nebraska
Posts: 472
iTrader: (2)
ninety3lude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ninety3lude
lol i know it is supposed to work until you open the door. you guys must have misunderstood me. im sayin it was still working even when the door was open.

it isnt doing that anymore, no wierd electrical problems, my fan prob seemed to stop, my passenger window magically works now, as well as my blinker issue. it seems like once i replaced that bulb socket in my corner light everything started being right. my cd player is the only prob for now

my drivers side has never activated the dome light so i think that is a different issue. it hasnt since i got the car. but the passenger side does lol i will try cleaning it though
__________________
JDM H22a 4ws


New years resolution... forced induction by summer

If you boost it, they will cum
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
hojemwod's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,419
iTrader: (6)
hojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond reputehojemwod has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to hojemwod
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety3lude View Post
my drivers side has never activated the dome light so i think that is a different issue. it hasnt since i got the car. but the passenger side does lol i will try cleaning it though
thats how mine was ..cleaning it should work, its not hard to take apart you just have to figure it out
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.