View Single Post
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 03:03 AM
tassievteclude's Avatar
tassievteclude tassievteclude is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 552
iTrader: (0)
tassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond reputetassievteclude has a reputation beyond repute
Re: :::Tassievteclude::: Tassie's 1994 JDM BB1

Hooray, after many weeks of overtime and other commitments I finally got a few hours to work on the car. I managed to fully re-assemble the passenger side (LHS here) rear suspension and got the other side's control/trailing arms fully prepped and painted. I rolled the LHS fender but managed to bust the paint a little doing so, I'll add a little more heat when I do the other side which should help a bit. Taking a leaf from Wing's book I actually cleaned the wheel well out too, no rust so I didn't take it any further though. I have attempted to do a small bit of repair work where the rear bumper mounts on the LHS at the back of the wheel well too, it must've been in an accident at some stage which has broken the plastic tab on the bumper and bent the metal bracket back. Until now I've never bothered dealing with it (as evidenced by the 100MPH tape holding the bumper on) but I have bent the bracket back into position, sanded back and painted the damaged paint, and added a zip-tie fix to the broken tab to hopefully hold it all together. When I took the rear bumper off I noticed a fair bit of rust has started to form on the support bracket so I took that off, cleaned it up and painted it too.

I test fitted one of the 8" wide Enkei's and my current wheels on the back and jacked them into position to see how much clearance I have around everything... heaps. I also cheated a little by clocking all my bushings with the car still on stands and the wheel jacked up into the right spot, I know that's not the way I should do it but there's no way I can see to get a torque wrench under the car with it sitting on the ground, and it's just too low to get on ramps.

Anyway, just a couple of pics.




I'm not real impressed with the top castle nut on the Hardrace toe arms either, the nut sits way too low by the time it's torqued correctly so that the split pin doesn't actually hold it. Apparently the Megan arms have the same issue. The solution is to just install a few washers to pack out the castle nut so I'll fix that when I do the other side.
Reply With Quote
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95