So had an eventful day. As some of you may know I took the sunroof out a few months ago, I had a poke around some of the bubbling paint and discovered this.
Well after many weekends teaching myself to sand, bog and prime I had a sunroof panel I was truly proud of, then I applied a cheap rattle can of Milano Red I got from the local parts store and now I'm not so proud. There a) wasn't enough paint in a single can to give it enough coats, b) since the daily temperatures here haven't exceeded 13°C (about 55°F) since like April and c) it really is cheap dodgy paint, well the result can be seen for yourself.
I hate painting. I tried giving it a cut and polish and it didn't even out the patchiness at all, and there aren't enough coats on it for me to risk giving it a light rub down with some wet & dry. I'm not even that upset, it's on the cards for me to be replacing the whole panel with a sheet of aluminium probably this summer so this will do for a temporary fix.
Took her for a drive last night for one last time before the teardown, without a rear swaybar and with non-functioning 4WS it was a little hair raising at times. It'll all be fixed soon though. A couple of pics from today.
Anyone who says the 4WS rear subframe + motor aren't heavy is dreaming, that whole thing weighs a tonne compared to the 2WS parts. The only problems I'm having at this point are, apart from accidentally dropping the muffler on my shin, is the top nut won't come one of the rear dampers and I need to get myself a ball joint separator. I've decided I'm not even going to try and push out the old bushings myself, I know a guy with access to a press so I'll just hand it all over with a carton of something. I might have to get myself an impact driver too, I really want to get those rear brake dust shields off but the rotors are held in quite well.