Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Tech-Talk > 5th Gen Honda Prelude

Thread Title
Quick question. (Exhaust)

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)
HondaBB6Vtec is on a distinguished road
Quick question. (Exhaust)

anyone know a reputable/trustworthy site where i can order the Greddy Spectrum Elite exhaust for my 5th gen for a decent price? i'm not trying to pay nearly $1,000 and i haven't had any luck finding a good site that sells them without all of them having bad reviews. plz help! thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 PM
wing8806's Avatar
Grand Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)
wing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quick question. (Exhaust)

As much as I am not a fan of PWJDM - they are probably your cheapest best unless you can find it on ebay or amazon.


Make sure it's for a 5th gen.


Exhausts are expensive. You would be disgusted if you knew how much i've spent on mine lol.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)
HondaBB6Vtec is on a distinguished road
Re: Quick question. (Exhaust)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing8806 View Post
As much as I am not a fan of PWJDM - they are probably your cheapest best unless you can find it on ebay or amazon.


Make sure it's for a 5th gen.


Exhausts are expensive. You would be disgusted if you knew how much i've spent on mine lol.
Yeah pwjdm is the only one I've found. Any bad experiences with them? And I know but hey if you want quality you gotta pay. Really don't like seeing threads that say "what mods can I make power with for cheap". What exhaust you have?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 PM
wing8806's Avatar
Grand Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)
wing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quick question. (Exhaust)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaBB6Vtec View Post
Yeah pwjdm is the only one I've found. Any bad experiences with them? And I know but hey if you want quality you gotta pay. Really don't like seeing threads that say "what mods can I make power with for cheap". What exhaust you have?
PWJDM has a history of "going out of business" and "selling out stock" but in reality just open a larger shop and having people go crazy buying what they can. In a marketing sense, it works, but to many enthusiasts - it's dirty.


They also built up a lot of hype over making a part for 5th gen 'ludes a few years ago, twice actually. Just to keep putting it off and eventually dropping it altogether while making excuses.


Otherwise, their prices are some of the most reasonable around and customer service is decent. I purchased a fair amount of parts from them when I first got my 5th gen (4 years ago and since sold the parts) - just don't like their business tactics so I go elsewhere If I can. But to answer your question; No, no "bad experiences" as far as purchasing parts.



My entire exhaust system (header, converter, pipe, flanges, hangers etc) is all custom. I could have 3 of those Greddy systems, and some funds to play with for what i've put into mine
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)
HondaBB6Vtec is on a distinguished road
Re: Quick question. (Exhaust)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing8806 View Post
PWJDM has a history of "going out of business" and "selling out stock" but in reality just open a larger shop and having people go crazy buying what they can. In a marketing sense, it works, but to many enthusiasts - it's dirty.


They also built up a lot of hype over making a part for 5th gen 'ludes a few years ago, twice actually. Just to keep putting it off and eventually dropping it altogether while making excuses.


Otherwise, their prices are some of the most reasonable around and customer service is decent. I purchased a fair amount of parts from them when I first got my 5th gen (4 years ago and since sold the parts) - just don't like their business tactics so I go elsewhere If I can. But to answer your question; No, no "bad experiences" as far as purchasing parts.




My entire exhaust system (header, converter, pipe, flanges, hangers etc) is all custom. I could have 3 of those Greddy systems, and some funds to play with for what i've put into mine

yeah they recently did one with like 50% off. unfortunately i ordered the greddy exhaust but they called me and said it's discontinued ): lol that sounds like a pretty dam bad ass set up! any recommendations for a header? i hear vibrant header is good but then i hear it's just a knock off like the DC header.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:39 PM
bykfixer's Avatar
Supreme Member
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: could you repeat the question?
Posts: 11,121
iTrader: (4)
bykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond reputebykfixer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quick question. (Exhaust)

Vibrant is better than dc
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ogsmakdade View Post
welcome to site Carl
...is a golden car fax kinda like a golden ticket? Sure hope willy wonka didn't put any snozberries in your motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elspectro29 View Post
Only seen the first one, 15 years ago in theaters. Plan on keeping it that way. Get off my lawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindso View Post
I remember my first thread, asking what a noise was when I got going 110mph.
Pretty much got flamed for driving like a jackass and was told to slow down. And I'll be damned, slowing down fixed it.

God's Not Dead
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2014, 09:31 PM
wing8806's Avatar
Grand Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)
wing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond reputewing8806 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quick question. (Exhaust)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaBB6Vtec View Post
yeah they recently did one with like 50% off. unfortunately i ordered the greddy exhaust but they called me and said it's discontinued ): lol that sounds like a pretty dam bad ass set up! any recommendations for a header? i hear vibrant header is good but then i hear it's just a knock off like the DC header.
lol it's a setup that can get me into some trouble to say the least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
Vibrant is better than dc
^^ this

Vibrant is a decent header, not a knock off at all.

DC and Megan are basically "pretty" versions of a stock header with absolutely no gains.

I'm all for supporting companies that support us, so Vibrant, SMSP, and Hytech are the only header manufacturers I would recommend. However most will suggest replicas due to their cheaper cost but un-original ideas.

Vibrant is the best bang for your buck, SMSP and Hytech are $1k+
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)
HondaBB6Vtec is on a distinguished road
Re: Quick question. (Exhaust)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
Vibrant is better than dc
thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)
HondaBB6Vtec is on a distinguished road
Icon14 Re: Quick question. (Exhaust)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing8806 View Post
lol it's a setup that can get me into some trouble to say the least!



^^ this

Vibrant is a decent header, not a knock off at all.

DC and Megan are basically "pretty" versions of a stock header with absolutely no gains.

I'm all for supporting companies that support us, so Vibrant, SMSP, and Hytech are the only header manufacturers I would recommend. However most will suggest replicas due to their cheaper cost but un-original ideas.

Vibrant is the best bang for your buck, SMSP and Hytech are $1k+
Ok yeah i know DC and megan are crap, and i'm really looking into getting the vibrant header just wanted a bit more info since previous threads have so many different views on them. thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Question! JMoran 5th Gen Honda Prelude 2 08-16-2013 04:05 PM
Quick question Coolbreeze 4th Gen Honda Prelude 10 11-02-2010 03:55 PM
Quick question! andrei91 General Tech Talk 1 01-11-2009 01:14 PM
EGR Quick Question Quick Answer 98preludeguy 5th Gen Honda Prelude 0 06-28-2008 07:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.