Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Tech-Talk > 5th Gen Honda Prelude

Thread Title
In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:27 AM
KeepUp's Avatar
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)
KeepUp is on a distinguished road
In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Hey guys, Im in the market for a new batttery but since the original owner lost the owners manual, i am having a bit of a problem and i was hoping maybe you guys can help me out. Right now the car has a low-maintanence battery and what made me decide that it is time to change it is that just over a month ago i refilled the electrolyte solution (with distilled water of course) up to the split rings. Just recently i found that more than a few of the cells have dropped below the split rings which tells me that the battery is not as strong as it use to be, its old, and it needs to be replaced. What originally led me to checking the battery is well . . . i am a frequent under the hood checker and the car, every now and then, would have a bit of a long start-up. So before going in and buying a new battery, I was hoping that maybe you guys would not mind telling me what the owners manual says about the required CCA battery and specs for the 5th gen prelude, specifically a 1999 base. Thanks

And before you say it, " a base??" I know i know i hate the auto transmission as much as the next guy. I do use the speed shift option though, but its not the same especially when its slow between shifts and doesnt shift down from 3rd to 2nd at times when its a matter of make it or collision.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Qluder's Avatar
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 308
iTrader: (0)
Qluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond reputeQluder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

You could bring your car to AutoZone and they will check your battery and charging system for free. They can also sell you a decent battery if you need one and they stand behind their warranties.
Depending on the mileage and the shape of your Lude, I wouild go easy on that "autotragic" transmission unless you're planning a replacement or hopefully a manual swap.

Post some pics and good luck...!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 PM
FlydLiceH22's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hampton VA
Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)
FlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond reputeFlydLiceH22 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Google is ur friend Prelude Service Manual Online - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums
__________________
"It's FRIED RICE you prick!"
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2012, 02:21 PM
KeepUp's Avatar
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)
KeepUp is on a distinguished road
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Haha autotragic, that is true. Um yeah i can take it to autozone. I ordered a DMM that has not arrived yet, but i didnt know autozone offered that service. What are your thoughts on Optima batteries because occasionally i would see many luders with them? The ol' girl has 130k, bought it when it was around 125k, and ive been taking real good care of it as far as on-time oil and tranny fluid changes, ram air intake to atleast get some extra power when i need it, filter on the crank vent that connects to the air intake, and an oil catch can with an open air set-up (i dont really like having oil being recycled back into my engine) and soon i plan on getting a fuel system cleaner from STP. I would love to take pictures but the thing is the car was totaled by the original owner, rebuilt by the second owner, which makes me the third. The second owner must have been a fast and furious fanatic but only had enough money to spend on a cheap paintjob. Since the car was totaled, it has a radiator support from a different car so before I do go about changing the body and paint, i have to see if the radiator support can be properly fitted onto the car inorder for the panels and bumper to line up. If not then after college i plan on selling it for parts and servicing the engine (gaskets, honeing, decking, hot tanking, etc) before selling the engine as well.

Lol and google is my friend, but sometimes he just doesnt have my back. I could not find anything, not even on that link which btw i searched before even posting this thread -could not find what i was looking for. But thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 395
iTrader: (0)
sleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond reputesleepy5950 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

i got a yellow top optima (which is kinda unnecessary since i dnt run power addons,ie sound system, but i ve never looked back since . my car starts every time and i can listen to music for 30-45mins easy, off just the battery. you wont be disappointed w an optima, a red top optima would be fine too. but honestly u can use any battery that fits and provides spark.

and get a new tranny manual tranny w lsd! ive owned the regular jdm tranny w lsd and now im currently running the t2w4 Type r tranny, which i strongly recommend.
__________________
H22a + T2W4 Type R Transmission
BAY AREA,CA

DIY!!! and to each his own!

CLUB "WE DNT HANG TOYS ON OUR TOW HOOKS"

DQMOT-Dnt quote me on this
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM
UPSluder's Avatar
Grand Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ct
Posts: 3,249
iTrader: (2)
UPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond reputeUPSluder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to UPSluder
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

I have a yellow too in mine. no complaints whatsoever
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2H22A4 View Post
1BadBB6 has one. We never play with it anymore though.

sig Lazer

Team BBeer6
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Sideswipe SI's Avatar
Grand Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Googlemap says I'm here... Dafuq?
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: (3)
Sideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Autobarn is having a sale on AGM Deka batteries, like $150-something also die hard gold keeps its value, even with medium drain applications. If you don't mind $200+ batteries, Odyssey AGM is the best, rocking that in my Suburban. :knock on wood:
__________________
Quote:
SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BA B20A 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
Prelude: Because all great stories have one. Just like Honda.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 PM
crash_1340's Avatar
Silver Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: HellHole, Ohio (aka, Dayton)
Posts: 292
iTrader: (1)
crash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

I've got an O'Reilly Superstart Extreme battery in my 99, I can bump my sound system and run my fan for two hours and it starts right up. Autozone's tester is incredibly inaccurate, as it does nothing but shoot radio waves through the battery and analyze what comes out the other side. The tester at O'Reilly actually puts a load on the battery and tests what it does under an actual load, plus the 'Zone up here doesn't stand by their warranties whatsoever they always say it's either not their battery or you aren't in their system. To top it off, most Doesn'tlast batteries up here last a maximum of two years versus the average Superstart (Which is made by Deka) lasts 6-7 years. Your choice, just my $0.02
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2012, 01:12 AM
MUGENBB4JDM's Avatar
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 912
iTrader: (9)
MUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_1340 View Post
I've got an O'Reilly Superstart Extreme battery in my 99, I can bump my sound system and run my fan for two hours and it starts right up. Autozone's tester is incredibly inaccurate, as it does nothing but shoot radio waves through the battery and analyze what comes out the other side. The tester at O'Reilly actually puts a load on the battery and tests what it does under an actual load, plus the 'Zone up here doesn't stand by their warranties whatsoever they always say it's either not their battery or you aren't in their system. To top it off, most Doesn'tlast batteries up here last a maximum of two years versus the average Superstart (Which is made by Deka) lasts 6-7 years. Your choice, just my $0.02
Sorry that you get those ****ty autozones. I actually work at autozone and here we stand by a warranty. If it comes out to be a bad battery we switch right on spot.
Either way you look at it any battery can be good if you take care of it. Most of are duralast batteries last you 4-6 years if you take of it. I've had some costumers bring in batteries that were made back in 04, 05. the duralasts, superstart batteries are good batteries. If you want some really good batteries get some interstate batteries or for the best get the Optima either red or yellow top depends on your application.
__________________
80 Chevy C10- Resides south of the border
96 Achieva SC-SOLD
96 Prelude S- SOLD
92 SC400- SOLD
93 Mazda MX-5- SOLD
99 Prelude Base- New Whip
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2012, 01:28 PM
crash_1340's Avatar
Silver Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: HellHole, Ohio (aka, Dayton)
Posts: 292
iTrader: (1)
crash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGENBB4JDM View Post
Sorry that you get those ****ty autozones. I actually work at autozone and here we stand by a warranty. If it comes out to be a bad battery we switch right on spot.
Either way you look at it any battery can be good if you take care of it. Most of are duralast batteries last you 4-6 years if you take of it. I've had some costumers bring in batteries that were made back in 04, 05. the duralasts, superstart batteries are good batteries. If you want some really good batteries get some interstate batteries or for the best get the Optima either red or yellow top depends on your application.
I work at the O'Reilly up here, lol. The two Autozones in this area are full of dip****s that think every Honda came with VTEC (and will argue with you on it). I have seen Duralasts stay alive for awhile, but we usually end up with two year old Golds as cores. I have also seen Superstarts die in two years or less, it just doesn't happen up here. The tester you all use has tested batteries as good when they clearly won't even start the car. Sorry if you took this as personal, but there's a reason I chose not to hire on with either Zone up here.


One of my best friends (01LudeFTW) has an Optima yellowtop in his 01 and hasn't had any problems with it. They aren't cheap, but they're great batteries so long as your charging system is working properly. I would have purchased one, but I couldn't afford it at the time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2012, 01:33 PM
KeepUp's Avatar
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)
KeepUp is on a distinguished road
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qluder View Post
You could bring your car to AutoZone and they will check your battery and charging system for free. They can also sell you a decent battery if you need one and they stand behind their warranties.
Depending on the mileage and the shape of your Lude, I wouild go easy on that "autotragic" transmission unless you're planning a replacement or hopefully a manual swap.

Post some pics and good luck...!!!
The guy who rebuilt this (totaled by 1st owner and rebuilt by a fast and furious fanatic) painted and chose the body for this car.
20120506_124332.jpg

20120506_124210.jpg

20120506_124148.jpg

20120506_124131.jpg

Got some pics for you. You can see the radiator support issue that is going on with the car like i had mentioned earlier. I was actually planning on getting front and rear strut tower braces, coilovers (love the flexibility of adjusting ride height), and front and rear sway bars. But before doing all that, I have to find out if the radiator support can be properly fitted on there before i can get rid of this complex body kit and cheap paint job. If not then after college i plan on selling this car for parts and rebuilding the engine to sell it as well until nothing but the frame is left. I actually have a buddy who has done an auto to manual conversion but my main concern is the radiator support and you can see on the pictures that the front quarter panel does not line up with the bumper and headlights. Im a college student so i only have a small budget. Thanks for the help btw sorry for the late post. Yesterday was me and my girlfriend's 5 year anniversary.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2012, 01:44 PM
KeepUp's Avatar
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)
KeepUp is on a distinguished road
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Wow thank you guys for your answers! Im hearing alot of great stuff about the optima batteries and i think i might go with the yellow top since the car sits in the parking lot for most of the year. But id like to check out the O'Reilly Superstart Extreme battery. This is the first time i have heard of it but thank you Crash_1340, ill definitely have a look at it. Sorry for the late post guys. I posted a few pics of the ol girl if youd like to check it out on this forum so feel free. Lol and yeah just because they work at autozone does not mean they know a whole lot. Almost everytime i go there, i always end up having to dumbing it down for them to understand especially when it comes to lubricants at the autozone near where i live. As long as they have what i need and arent working on my car, im fine with it.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 PM
crash_1340's Avatar
Silver Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: HellHole, Ohio (aka, Dayton)
Posts: 292
iTrader: (1)
crash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepUp View Post
Wow thank you guys for your answers! Im hearing alot of great stuff about the optima batteries and i think i might go with the yellow top since the car sits in the parking lot for most of the year. But id like to check out the O'Reilly Superstart Extreme battery. This is the first time i have heard of it but thank you Crash_1340, ill definitely have a look at it. Sorry for the late post guys. I posted a few pics of the ol girl if youd like to check it out on this forum so feel free. Lol and yeah just because they work at autozone does not mean they know a whole lot. Almost everytime i go there, i always end up having to dumbing it down for them to understand especially when it comes to lubricants at the autozone near where i live. As long as they have what i need and arent working on my car, im fine with it.
I can't count on all my appendages how many times I've heard that. You'll stumble across a Zone or an Advance with intelligent staff every once in a while, but for the most part, all the ones i've been to (even before I started working at O'Reilly), it seemed like Parts were all they did. Such as one that swore up and down the H23 in a 95 Prelude came with VTEC.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Sideswipe SI's Avatar
Grand Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Googlemap says I'm here... Dafuq?
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: (3)
Sideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond reputeSideswipe SI has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

All the major part store chains have "tools" behind the counter. They tell you they don't have the part after online inventory confirms they have it and you give them the printout. If its not an accord or civic or mustang, give up. I have no idea how good or bad batteries are in Autozone, Strauss parts, or (Oreillys-none in NYC) because the people behind the counter are awful. I do go to 1 autobarn cause I've know the boss forever.

There are as many places that know exactly what I want as there are "I started working today" employees. I give every opportunity to every parts place, but wind up researching for what I want, or eBay-Ing for it to save time and gas. I'm particular as all get out, and I like results. I would like to mystery shop the both of your stores and post results, but you might spot me, LOL! The P.I.T.A over ther with the NY plates...
__________________
Quote:
SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BA B20A 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
Prelude: Because all great stories have one. Just like Honda.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2012, 03:35 PM
crash_1340's Avatar
Silver Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: HellHole, Ohio (aka, Dayton)
Posts: 292
iTrader: (1)
crash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe SI View Post
All the major part store chains have "tools" behind the counter. They tell you they don't have the part after online inventory confirms they have it and you give them the printout. If its not an accord or civic or mustang, give up. I have no idea how good or bad batteries are in Autozone, Strauss parts, or (Oreillys-none in NYC) because the people behind the counter are awful. I do go to 1 autobarn cause I've know the boss forever.

There are as many places that know exactly what I want as there are "I started working today" employees. I give every opportunity to every parts place, but wind up researching for what I want, or eBay-Ing for it to save time and gas. I'm particular as all get out, and I like results. I would like to mystery shop the both of your stores and post results, but you might spot me, LOL! The P.I.T.A over ther with the NY plates...
Nah, I don't know what you look like. We get plates from other states all the time, lol. Only if you pulled up in a Prelude would I get curious lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
MUGENBB4JDM's Avatar
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 912
iTrader: (9)
MUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond reputeMUGENBB4JDM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_1340 View Post
I can't count on all my appendages how many times I've heard that. You'll stumble across a Zone or an Advance with intelligent staff every once in a while, but for the most part, all the ones i've been to (even before I started working at O'Reilly), it seemed like Parts were all they did. Such as one that swore up and down the H23 in a 95 Prelude came with VTEC.
WTF!?!? really. I guess im lucky then since me and most of my colleagues just need the block number and get the part. For example: customer had a 2nd gen integra but had a b18 of the newer 3rd gen integra's all i needed was if was vtec or non vtec then got him the right part. but then again i like cars, i can only imagine that most of those people at the ohio autozone only work their just to have a job and have no interest in cars or just don't no sh#%@ about imports.
__________________
80 Chevy C10- Resides south of the border
96 Achieva SC-SOLD
96 Prelude S- SOLD
92 SC400- SOLD
93 Mazda MX-5- SOLD
99 Prelude Base- New Whip
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Gone's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)
Gone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond reputeGone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Gone
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

I've always stood with Autozone's Duralast red tops. Warranty is awesome of course. I switched over to a new lower weight Braille AGM battery recently for about 150 USD. You'll have to figure out a way for it sit under the hood though. I did a battery relocation to the trunk. Look at about 425 CCA at 0 degrees F. I haven't gone much lower.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 PM
crash_1340's Avatar
Silver Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: HellHole, Ohio (aka, Dayton)
Posts: 292
iTrader: (1)
crash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond reputecrash_1340 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGENBB4JDM View Post
WTF!?!? really. I guess im lucky then since me and most of my colleagues just need the block number and get the part. For example: customer had a 2nd gen integra but had a b18 of the newer 3rd gen integra's all i needed was if was vtec or non vtec then got him the right part. but then again i like cars, i can only imagine that most of those people at the ohio autozone only work their just to have a job and have no interest in cars or just don't no sh#%@ about imports.
Yeah, see, I would love if you guys were around here, we would have competition with you, honestly. I respect a parts store no matter the name, so long as the people working there actually know about cars. In fact, the stores up here won't hire you if you're "overqualified" (which usually means more than 10 years in a shop, accompanied with an ASE certification).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greer, SC
Posts: 284
iTrader: (0)
TheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJGB3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In the market for new Battery, need help on what i should look for

I recommend the Interstate Mega-Tron Plus MTP-24F 800CCA (the highest group 24F CCA I have found (higher then the DieHard gold & platinum)), and it's ~$100. 85 month warranty with 30 months free replacement then prorated.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/c...nths+++800+CCA
__________________

TheJGB3
2000 Type SH
*B91M Crystal Blue Metallic
AEM Short Ram & brake pads
JDM front and Megan Racing rear strut bars
JDM TypeS seats, steering wheel, ebrake handle, & shiftknob w/red stitching
OEM lip kit
TSX retrofit
OEM carbon fibre trim kit & JDM gauge bezel
Clear front DOT sidemarkers w/amber LED bulbs
JDM Foglights with USDM switch
polyurethane motormount inserts, & sway bar bushings

ASE Re-Certified Technician
Suspension and Steering (A4)
Brakes (A5)
Heating and Air Conditioning (A7)
Exhaust Systems (X1)
Automobile Parts Specialist (P2)
Automobile Service Consultant (C1)
Certified Undercar Specialist

Last edited by TheJGB3; 05-08-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
after market oil pump tbathurst 4th Gen Honda Prelude 0 03-31-2011 12:40 PM
5th gen after market stereo install... biggtyme 5th Gen Honda Prelude 7 01-03-2011 08:26 PM
in the market for some new rims spoonh23 4th Gen Honda Prelude 0 02-15-2010 02:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.