Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Tech-Talk > 5th Gen Honda Prelude

Thread Title
I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)
RobZeroits5 is on a distinguished road
Icon14 I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

I want to rebuild my entire 1998's sh's engine. Does anyone know what exactly what parts I'll need for a full rebuild and what are some good brands to look out for.

Thanks
-Rob
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:37 PM
twokexlv6coupe's Avatar
little green ghouls, buddy!!
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: kitten mittens
Posts: 17,844
iTrader: (9)
twokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond reputetwokexlv6coupe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to twokexlv6coupe
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

rebuild w/ what? stock or aftermarket parts?
__________________

1995 Honda Prelude SE Turbo; 250whp, 275wtq @ 10psi Soldddd!!!

2000 Acura TL; DD
2005 Stage2.5+ Subaru WRB STi : RzKar!
Ivey Tuned - Advan - Cobb - Rallispec - CP - Perrin - ACT - KillerB - Carillo - TurboXS - Defi - Innovate - Walbro - DeatschWerks - Feal - H&R - Alpine - Infiniti - Curt

2001 Kawasaki STX1100 D.I. - Sold!
2007 Sea-Doo RXT 215; ET 127 +3 S/C impeller, DIY 3" intake, DIY resonator delete/free flow exhaust, DIY oil catch can, Rule 500gph bilge pump


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brash View Post
But you need that scoop on the hood. Is it true that they're big enough to fit your lunch box and all your camera gear in it?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Si Speed's Avatar
VOID
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Equestria
Posts: 15,539
iTrader: (39)
Si Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

OEM ?
__________________
'94 Prelude Si - SOLD
'98 Prelude - SOLD
'05 TSX -

1200+ Ban Club
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)
RobZeroits5 is on a distinguished road
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

I want to rebuild it with aftermarket gain a little hp :O
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2009, 12:47 AM
kizzzzle's Avatar
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)
kizzzzle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kizzzzle
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

Research research research...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Bustr's Avatar
Platinum Member
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ny
Posts: 1,388
iTrader: (9)
Bustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond reputeBustr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bustr
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

okay... rebuild for alil hp??? you are gonna stay NA right?
if your using strictley OEM parts:
type s pistons
rod bearings
type s camshafts
s2000 throttle body
remove secondaries in the intake
coolant bypass
hondata intake manifold gasket
remove ac
those are the cheapest oem things to gain maybe 20- 30hp.

aftermarket:
any pistons and rods you do... you will need the block to be sleeved.
obviously a little higher compression pistons 11.5.1 to 12.1
dual valve springs and retainers
stage 2 cams (skunk2/crower)
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 throttle body 64mm - 70mm-
balancer shaft removal
acl bearings
a really good tuning and system for tune (hondata/neptune)
__________________
MY ALL MOTOR?<.....click


MY TURBO ?<.....click

NEVER TELL ME IT CAN"T BE DONE
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Rob Rob is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 1,513
iTrader: (2)
Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustr View Post
okay... rebuild for alil hp??? you are gonna stay NA right?
if your using strictley OEM parts:
type s pistons
rod bearings
type s camshafts
s2000 throttle body
remove secondaries in the intake
coolant bypass
hondata intake manifold gasket
remove ac
those are the cheapest oem things to gain maybe 20- 30hp.

aftermarket:
any pistons and rods you do... you will need the block to be sleeved.
obviously a little higher compression pistons 11.5.1 to 12.1
dual valve springs and retainers
stage 2 cams (skunk2/crower)
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 throttle body 64mm - 70mm-
balancer shaft removal
acl bearings
a really good tuning and system for tune (hondata/neptune)

Doing OEM type S pistons isn't that right around 11:1 or 11.5:1?
I guess resleeving going higher compression not just the compression you need the sleeves but your more talking about forged pistons?

Sorry but I have been researching the idea of a NA build and was looking into doing Type S pistons and rods. I was told to use the H23 lower and use my H22A4 head. I guess the H22A4 crank could be used with type S pistons and rods? So I'm looking for a long block H22A4 to start my build, but I guess you would recommend type S valvetrain vs. aftermarket (i.e.) Skunk2

Thanks again sorry for the Hi jack.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Si Speed's Avatar
VOID
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Equestria
Posts: 15,539
iTrader: (39)
Si Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond reputeSi Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustr View Post
aftermarket:
any pistons and rods you do... you will need the block to be sleeved.
obviously a little higher compression pistons 11.5.1 to 12.1
dual valve springs and retainers
stage 2 cams (skunk2/crower)
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 throttle body 64mm - 70mm-
balancer shaft removal
acl bearings
a really good tuning and system for tune (hondata/neptune)
Do that and the ATTS will be dead weigh and stop working.
__________________
'94 Prelude Si - SOLD
'98 Prelude - SOLD
'05 TSX -

1200+ Ban Club
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2009, 12:25 PM
ImPorTuNeRdJ's Avatar
Grand Member
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fake Italy
Posts: 3,899
iTrader: (8)
ImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond reputeImPorTuNeRdJ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

hmm...i should see if i can program atts...imagine........ill be making dough $$$$

anyway for more info, after 250 i believe whp or hp idr, but yeah atts turns off so..really think do you really want to build this car?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
98vtec's Avatar
H23 VTEC'd
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,476
iTrader: (0)
98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98vtec
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

its not about HP, ATTS is a clutch system. Clutches give out when the torque overcomes its grabbing ability.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2009, 09:41 PM
akaprepreludesh's Avatar
Silver Member
ROTY `10!
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)
akaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZeroits5 View Post
I want to rebuild it with aftermarket gain a little hp :O

Hey Rob, now forgive me for flaming you right now but come on man, give us a f*ckin' break. You waltz right in here with a question so incredibly broad, that nobody here really wants to help you. Does anybody here read minds? Can you communicate telepathically Rob? I thought so.

So why don't you all give us a little help here and give us some background information. First, tell us a little bit about yourself. Let us think we're helping a genuine human being who is relatable to ourselves. (name, age, occupation, mariatal status)

Second, tell us where you live. This makes all the difference in the world on shops we could personally recommend or at least point you in the right direction to or maybe you'd find a friend or two around you who could help. Chances are you're going to need help because you had to ask this question.

Third, Tell us your budget. This is 90% of what we need to know because it's going to let us decide if you can afford the really good parts or if we have to scale it down in the name of letting you get everything you need in one shot.

Fourth, tell us your damn plan. Why are you doing this without a plan? A build like this, whether high or low budget requires a plan so it doesn't get out of hand. Come on man, you had to have thought about this in-depth before you can even ask this question. If you haven't thought about it, then stop wasting our time, becuase you're not going to listen to what we're saying. Are you going to go for N/A, turbo, supercharger or nitrous? This makes all the difference in the world on how we're going to tell you to rebuild this engine, because each way of rebuilding it requires a different list of parts.

Fifth, what is your knowledge on engines in the first place? We need to know this so we can adjust our wording to dumb it down or if us guys that have the knowledge can talk normally.

Granted, I'm a newer member to PZ (but not to modifying Preludes or knowledge of automotive mechanics), and I will never turn down a person with a legitimate question, but you along with many others on this forum need to take my advice and not ask a ridiculously open question without adhering to answering the 5 questions I've posted above.

Now, get back on the right track, talk to us about what I've said, and then I bet you'll see the answers, help and support roll right in.

Good luck!

Last edited by akaprepreludesh; 04-05-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)
RobZeroits5 is on a distinguished road
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaprepreludesh View Post
Hey Rob, now forgive me for flaming you right now but come on man, give us a f*ckin' break. You waltz right in here with a question so incredibly broad, that nobody here really wants to help you. Does anybody here read minds? Can you communicate telepathically Rob? I thought so.

So why don't you all give us a little help here and give us some background information. First, tell us a little bit about yourself. Let us think we're helping a genuine human being who is relatable to ourselves. (name, age, occupation, mariatal status)

Second, tell us where you live. This makes all the difference in the world on shops we could personally recommend or at least point you in the right direction to or maybe you'd find a friend or two around you who could help. Chances are you're going to need help because you had to ask this question.

Third, Tell us your budget. This is 90% of what we need to know because it's going to let us decide if you can afford the really good parts or if we have to scale it down in the name of letting you get everything you need in one shot.

Fourth, tell us your damn plan. Why are you doing this without a plan? A build like this, whether high or low budget requires a plan so it doesn't get out of hand. Come on man, you had to have thought about this in-depth before you can even ask this question. If you haven't thought about it, then stop wasting our time, becuase you're not going to listen to what we're saying. Are you going to go for N/A, turbo, supercharger or nitrous? This makes all the difference in the world on how we're going to tell you to rebuild this engine, because each way of rebuilding it requires a different list of parts.

Fifth, what is your knowledge on engines in the first place? We need to know this so we can adjust our wording to dumb it down or if us guys that have the knowledge can talk normally.

Granted, I'm a newer member to PZ (but not to modifying Preludes or knowledge of automotive mechanics), and I will never turn down a person with a legitimate question, but you along with many others on this forum need to take my advice and not ask a ridiculously open question without adhering to answering the 5 questions I've posted above.

Now, get back on the right track, talk to us about what I've said, and then I bet you'll see the answers, help and support roll right in.

Good luck!
Well aka just to say your lude is my favorite that I have seen so far. I'll give you my background.

My name is Rob, I'm 19 years old, I work as a cook and is planning to go back to school ^^,and I have girlfriend whom I live with ^^.

I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I don't know any close shops that sell honda parts other than a honda dealer.

My budget is probably on the mid range side. I'm saving and or using about $200-$400 a month for my car ^^.

My Prelude is a 1998 Sh model, it has 133,000miles. It is my daily driver.

I want to make my car fast but still reliable for some years ^^,and nice looking.

What I have done to my car so far: PSPEC Tuning shift shifter, Megan racing strut bar (Rear upper). Sparco Shift knob, I replaced the deck b/c mine broke o_O, and I put in fog lights.

My experience around cars: I don't know everything about modding preludes but I helped my friend rebuild and change a lot of parts on his integra. and I read just about the whole atts service manual.

My plan so far is buy skunk2 exhaust, RMF headers, Stage 2 clutch, flywheel, suspension, sway bars, spark plugs and wires, brake pads, rebuild the engine, rotors, Probably some type of piggy back, seats, rims, possibly the stand alone tuning systems.
Nothing is in order and I might have to replace a few things as I go along, and I don't plan on buying everything at once I know its going to take some time. I may have forgot some things I want to do O_o, I want the best handling and power without turbocharging or supercharging it.

What I plan on doing with my car is taking it to the track, drag strip O_o, and work.

The reason I just asked what I did is broad so i could just get maybe different idea's and brands to look off of ^^, thats why all my topics are so broad it helps me choose.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)
RobZeroits5 is on a distinguished road
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

not to mention if my atts does turn off thats fine I was probably going to switch over to an LSD, and i also forgot to say I'll probably take out my a/c it never gets to hot in Wisconsin and my last car didn't have it and i lived.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM
akaprepreludesh's Avatar
Silver Member
ROTY `10!
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)
akaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

Rob, have you ever considered getting the H22A? It's the JDM engine that I think you'd really enjoy, here's some of the info:

220bhp
Limited Slip Tranny

Whereas your type SH engine has
195bhp
finicky ATTS system

The H22A with transmission goes anywhere from $2500 to $4000 depending on mileage. This engine achieves its higher horsepower figure from the fact that compression was bumped from 10:1 to 11:1. The head also had mildly touched ports by Honda as well as given slightly more agressive camshafts. The throttle body was also 62mm instead of the USDM 60mm.

So technically, you're getting upgraded pistons, camshafts, headwork, throttle body and a transmission with a limited slip differential for way less than you'd spend getting it all separate and getting it installed. The biggest money saving factor is that if you'd buy all of those parts separate, you'd be spending big money on labor to get them installed and the most important thing... TUNED! With the JDM engine, you'd get the wiring harness and the JDM ECU, which allows for the engine to turn on and run just like stock!

I was once like you, an ATTS guy through and through, I loved its appeal around corners, but to be honest, when I had to lose it after my supercharger install, I never looked back. All that you and I really loved it for was the ability to rotate the rear end, but I found that with just a couple of suspension changes, rotating the rear end is as simple as coilovers and a strut bar X brace (read my build thread posted in my sig). The LSD will give you wonderful acceleration as well, not to mention the ability to give both wheels power and prevent peg-legging the car to a one-wheel burnout when trying to street race (not that you or I or anyone does that).

This truly would be the answer to all of your problems... Honda reliability, more power, better power delivery (through better traction) and low cost no matter if you self-install or pay a shop to do it since it's essential plug and play.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
98vtec's Avatar
H23 VTEC'd
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,476
iTrader: (0)
98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98vtec
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaprepreludesh View Post
Rob, have you ever considered getting the H22A? It's the JDM engine that I think you'd really enjoy, here's some of the info:

220bhp
Limited Slip Tranny

Whereas your type SH engine has
195bhp
finicky ATTS system

The H22A with transmission goes anywhere from $2500 to $4000 depending on mileage. This engine achieves its higher horsepower figure from the fact that compression was bumped from 10:1 to 11:1. The head also had mildly touched ports by Honda as well as given slightly more agressive camshafts. The throttle body was also 62mm instead of the USDM 60mm.

So technically, you're getting upgraded pistons, camshafts, headwork, throttle body and a transmission with a limited slip differential for way less than you'd spend getting it all separate and getting it installed. The biggest money saving factor is that if you'd buy all of those parts separate, you'd be spending big money on labor to get them installed and the most important thing... TUNED! With the JDM engine, you'd get the wiring harness and the JDM ECU, which allows for the engine to turn on and run just like stock!

I was once like you, an ATTS guy through and through, I loved its appeal around corners, but to be honest, when I had to lose it after my supercharger install, I never looked back. All that you and I really loved it for was the ability to rotate the rear end, but I found that with just a couple of suspension changes, rotating the rear end is as simple as coilovers and a strut bar X brace (read my build thread posted in my sig). The LSD will give you wonderful acceleration as well, not to mention the ability to give both wheels power and prevent peg-legging the car to a one-wheel burnout when trying to street race (not that you or I or anyone does that).

This truly would be the answer to all of your problems... Honda reliability, more power, better power delivery (through better traction) and low cost no matter if you self-install or pay a shop to do it since it's essential plug and play.
if you are referring to the Type S, it does not have LSD. It has ATTS. If he wants LSD, he needs the SIR spec or the EuroR. I would personally go with the EuroR for the engine and badass transmission gearing.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 08:26 PM
akaprepreludesh's Avatar
Silver Member
ROTY `10!
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)
akaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

yeah, i know, that's why I just said H22A instead of the Type S engine. I swear the type S engine is designated the H22A4 because if you look at IrishLuder's specs, it says her Type S has an engine code of H22A4. And we all know the H22A4 is our USDM engine which denotes lower horsepower at least.

If you go on Ebay and type in H22A, chances are half the engines will have the LSD, I just assumed people would see that and know that's the one to get.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 08:42 PM
98vtec's Avatar
H23 VTEC'd
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,476
iTrader: (0)
98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute98vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98vtec
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

and it doesnt have 220ps either, lol. Thats the TypeS, EuroR, SIR spec

the regular h22a has 10.6:1 compression and likely some tiny differences in the valve lift profiles. Comes with either the LSD tranny (M2B4) or non lsd (M2A4).
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
akaprepreludesh's Avatar
Silver Member
ROTY `10!
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)
akaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond reputeakaprepreludesh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

cool man, i did not know that about the tranny codes!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 10:04 PM
DrZoidberg's Avatar
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)
DrZoidberg has a spectacular aura aboutDrZoidberg has a spectacular aura about
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

thrust washers.

don't forget those.
__________________

E=MC hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2H22A4 View Post


and I'm not just kidding
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)
RobZeroits5 is on a distinguished road
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

alright thanks though i still have time to really think if i want to just buy a new engine or just rebuild... It is for everything for a rebuild i think after looking on multiple web sites the cheapest was like $1200 and lsd's hah are just about $1000 and what you said about tuning it, My friend could tune it for free but he doesn't have a dyno and probably wouldnt be able to get the most out of the aftermarket parts. Thanks though I'll have to look into the JDM engines again, I was thinking about just rebuild thinking it would probably be cheaper. But you have a good point about pretty much plug n play compared to install and tuning it to the max O_o.

Thank you!
-Rob
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Not So New
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)
RobZeroits5 is on a distinguished road
Re: I want to fully rebuild my sh's enigne

I found a swap h22a 44,000, comes with axles and new engine mounts, ecu. for $2500 and for $500 more I can get the lsd too. :)
http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=953
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rebuild htswmr6 Forced Induction 12 07-15-2008 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.