Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Tech-Talk > 4th Gen Honda Prelude

Thread Title
4th gen a/c help

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Not So New
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)
Smoothrigoletto is just really niceSmoothrigoletto is just really niceSmoothrigoletto is just really niceSmoothrigoletto is just really nice
4th gen a/c help

hi, I need some help/advice. As for now, my problem with the lude is when i push the a/c, both the fans at the radiator comes on, but no (newly charged) a/c comes on. It blows only HOT air! And when it does this the defrost button is lit up. I push to deactivate the defrost button but it does nothing and continues to stay lit. It only goes away when I push the a/c button to "OFF" mode. I'm running out of clues, I never had this happen before. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 PM
LilMsPrelude's Avatar
Platinum Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boise, Id.
Posts: 2,294
iTrader: (4)
LilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4th gen a/c help

Joo need to do the HVAC removal and fix first, (this is a test in your Search abilities)

after completion test the AC system again and lets go from there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatterbox View Post
People say the biggest difference you can change to your system is to add a subwoofer. Which is true, it is the most noticable difference. But running an amplifier to a good set of speakers makes the BEST difference.

_____________________
Understanding The Basics - Electronics & Car Audio
An In Depth Look At Relays
The "Big Three" DIY Install
Alarm & Remote Start DIY
My Babies Thread
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2010, 07:43 PM
spoonh23's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,444
iTrader: (8)
spoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4th gen a/c help

Try hitting your dash by the ac button. It works on my lude. No joke!
__________________
Swapped and dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky65 View Post
One does not simply

VTEC twice a week...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
LilMsPrelude's Avatar
Platinum Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boise, Id.
Posts: 2,294
iTrader: (4)
LilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond reputeLilMsPrelude has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4th gen a/c help

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonh23 View Post
Try hitting your dash by the ac button. It works on my lude. No joke!
@ spoonh23

It took all my might to not negative rep you in to red block oblivion for this stupid comment.
If you "Have" to hit your dash, then you as well need the HVAC repair thread.

oy vey..

Some other things to check:
*is your temperature slider hard to move or does it float freely from hot to cold? look up under the dash in the passenger footwell while moving the slider back and forth... does the cable move the little cam freely?
*your fans are supposed to come on with the A/C button pushed. This helps the heat exchange.
*does the fan seem louder/stronger when you change from fresh to recirculated air?
*Who Charged your system?
*Obviously the defrost button should NOT be coming on. You REALLY need to do the HVAC repair or send it to me and I will fix it for a small fee.
Does the Compressor clutch kick in when pushing the button? Does it drag the idle down a little bit when you first push the button?

Lastly, most everything I have mentioned can be found in the user manual available in our resource thread. There is a very large section about fixing the a/c and what components can be causing your frustration.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatterbox View Post
People say the biggest difference you can change to your system is to add a subwoofer. Which is true, it is the most noticable difference. But running an amplifier to a good set of speakers makes the BEST difference.

_____________________
Understanding The Basics - Electronics & Car Audio
An In Depth Look At Relays
The "Big Three" DIY Install
Alarm & Remote Start DIY
My Babies Thread

Last edited by LilMsPrelude; 08-02-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2010, 02:22 AM
spoonh23's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,444
iTrader: (8)
spoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond reputespoonh23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4th gen a/c help

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMsPrelude View Post
@ spoonh23

It took all my might to not negative rep you in to red block oblivion for this stupid comment.
If you "Have" to hit your dash, then you as well need the HVAC repair thread.

oy vey..

Some other things to check:
*is your temperature slider hard to move or does it float freely from hot to cold? look up under the dash in the passenger footwell while moving the slider back and forth... does the cable move the little cam freely?
*your fans are supposed to come on with the A/C button pushed. This helps the heat exchange.
*does the fan seem louder/stronger when you change from fresh to recirculated air?
*Who Charged your system?
*Obviously the defrost button should NOT be coming on. You REALLY need to do the HVAC repair or send it to me and I will fix it for a small fee.
Does the Compressor clutch kick in when pushing the button? Does it drag the idle down a little bit when you first push the button?

Lastly, most everything I have mentioned can be found in the user manual


available in our resource thread. There is a very large section about fixing the a/c and what components can be causing your frustration.
Hey I don't need any negative rep! Haha but I really do that and it works. But I'm not good with electrical stuff at all so I'm not gonna argue! I know you know your stuff. Lol listen to her bro.
__________________
Swapped and dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky65 View Post
One does not simply

VTEC twice a week...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4th, a/c, air, conditioning, gen


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.