Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Tech-Talk > 4th Gen Honda Prelude

Thread Title
megasquirted?

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Camshafted's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (0)
Camshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond repute
megasquirted?

I've been saving up parts to boost. And the final thing it comes down to is tuning it. I was just going to run an FMU seeing as how it is affordable and with my setup it should be reliable. I know for the Probe guys there is someone who makes a megasquirt setup. Its pretty much all ready to go and he even will hook it up to your ecu for you if you send it to him. I have been searching and I cant find much about the megasquirts for the 4th gen Ludes. I know everyone is always about going stand alone and crap with getting a good tune and everything but a streetable megasquirt setup would be so tight.

So does anyone know of any such thing?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnoxBB2 View Post
I agree with camshafted on this one.

My Build thread (F22/H23)

The only thing realistic about The Fast and the Furious is that the DSM breaks in the first race!
94 Civic EX - Totalled
89 Civic Hatch (fidanza flywheel, excedy clutch, intake, exhaust, short shifter, tein drop coils, D16ZC) -Sold
89 CRX (Stock) - Sold
94 Civic EX - Totalled
92 Prelude Si - Blown Motor
96 Chevy S10 (3inch lift kit, tinted windows, sound system, sunroof, ballin!) - Sold
96 Ford Explorer A.K.A: Chopsmobile (If you drive it you will know why I call it the Chopsmobile) - Blown Tranny
91 Honda Accord (Stock) - DD
99 Hyundai Elantra - Sold
99 Ford Taurus - doin it...
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Stealthx47's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,397
iTrader: (3)
Stealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Stealthx47 Send a message via MSN to Stealthx47
Re: megasquirted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camshafted View Post
I've been saving up parts to boost. And the final thing it comes down to is tuning it. I was just going to run an FMU seeing as how it is affordable and with my setup it should be reliable. I know for the Probe guys there is someone who makes a megasquirt setup. Its pretty much all ready to go and he even will hook it up to your ecu for you if you send it to him. I have been searching and I cant find much about the megasquirts for the 4th gen Ludes. I know everyone is always about going stand alone and crap with getting a good tune and everything but a streetable megasquirt setup would be so tight.

So does anyone know of any such thing?
Never heard of that. If you send your ECU out to phearable.net (providing that its an OBDI) and get it socketed. Ill sell u my Neptune RTP tuneing system. Never opened, comes with all software and hookups to go right to your laptop. Directly conntects to LC-1 for AFR datalogging. PM me if intrested.
__________________
Best Buy Saleman FTW
96' Honda Prelude Si-R.I.P.
92' Honda Prelude S/JDM-R.I.P.


My Car --> Click

Before After Photoshoot --> Click

NYPOC
--> Click!

Bustr Motha F$%ckin Built!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:18 PM
1BadBB6's Avatar
I </3 Your Fake Wheels
ROTY `10!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Knoxvegas
Posts: 4,876
iTrader: (32)
1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute1BadBB6 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: megasquirted?

my friend's boosted miata had megasquirt. from what i saw its a very user friendly tuning system. i would just email megasquirt and ask them about it.
__________________


1BadBB6, on Flickr

Like my photos? Buy them here: KTColePhotos

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Camshafted's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (0)
Camshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond repute
Re: megasquirted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthx47 View Post
Never heard of that. If you send your ECU out to phearable.net (providing that its an OBDI) and get it socketed. Ill sell u my Neptune RTP tuneing system. Never opened, comes with all software and hookups to go right to your laptop. Directly conntects to LC-1 for AFR datalogging. PM me if intrested.
all that stuff is foreign to me. I wouldnt know what to do without more research.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadBB6 View Post
my friend's boosted miata had megasquirt. from what i saw its a very user friendly tuning system. i would just email megasquirt and ask them about it.
I know that megasquirt is very friendl for other applicaqtions. like I said the Probe guys have had great luck with them. My point was to see if anyone out there does prewiring for it. like if they make a kit you can buy and pop it on and go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnoxBB2 View Post
I agree with camshafted on this one.

My Build thread (F22/H23)

The only thing realistic about The Fast and the Furious is that the DSM breaks in the first race!
94 Civic EX - Totalled
89 Civic Hatch (fidanza flywheel, excedy clutch, intake, exhaust, short shifter, tein drop coils, D16ZC) -Sold
89 CRX (Stock) - Sold
94 Civic EX - Totalled
92 Prelude Si - Blown Motor
96 Chevy S10 (3inch lift kit, tinted windows, sound system, sunroof, ballin!) - Sold
96 Ford Explorer A.K.A: Chopsmobile (If you drive it you will know why I call it the Chopsmobile) - Blown Tranny
91 Honda Accord (Stock) - DD
99 Hyundai Elantra - Sold
99 Ford Taurus - doin it...
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Stealthx47's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,397
iTrader: (3)
Stealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Stealthx47 Send a message via MSN to Stealthx47
Re: megasquirted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camshafted View Post
all that stuff is foreign to me. I wouldnt know what to do without more research.


I know that megasquirt is very friendl for other applicaqtions. like I said the Probe guys have had great luck with them. My point was to see if anyone out there does prewiring for it. like if they make a kit you can buy and pop it on and go.
if your looking for plug and play go with an apexi vafc2
__________________
Best Buy Saleman FTW
96' Honda Prelude Si-R.I.P.
92' Honda Prelude S/JDM-R.I.P.


My Car --> Click

Before After Photoshoot --> Click

NYPOC
--> Click!

Bustr Motha F$%ckin Built!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Camshafted's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (0)
Camshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond repute
Re: megasquirted?

thats pretty much the same thing as an FMU but you can change things around a little bit more and to have it work very well you still should use a good tune. I would trust an FMU over a VAFC.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnoxBB2 View Post
I agree with camshafted on this one.

My Build thread (F22/H23)

The only thing realistic about The Fast and the Furious is that the DSM breaks in the first race!
94 Civic EX - Totalled
89 Civic Hatch (fidanza flywheel, excedy clutch, intake, exhaust, short shifter, tein drop coils, D16ZC) -Sold
89 CRX (Stock) - Sold
94 Civic EX - Totalled
92 Prelude Si - Blown Motor
96 Chevy S10 (3inch lift kit, tinted windows, sound system, sunroof, ballin!) - Sold
96 Ford Explorer A.K.A: Chopsmobile (If you drive it you will know why I call it the Chopsmobile) - Blown Tranny
91 Honda Accord (Stock) - DD
99 Hyundai Elantra - Sold
99 Ford Taurus - doin it...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Stealthx47's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,397
iTrader: (3)
Stealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these partsStealthx47 is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Stealthx47 Send a message via MSN to Stealthx47
Re: megasquirted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camshafted View Post
thats pretty much the same thing as an FMU but you can change things around a little bit more and to have it work very well you still should use a good tune. I would trust an FMU over a VAFC.
Either of them need a good tune to work very well lol
__________________
Best Buy Saleman FTW
96' Honda Prelude Si-R.I.P.
92' Honda Prelude S/JDM-R.I.P.


My Car --> Click

Before After Photoshoot --> Click

NYPOC
--> Click!

Bustr Motha F$%ckin Built!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Camshafted's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (0)
Camshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond reputeCamshafted has a reputation beyond repute
Re: megasquirted?

correct me if im wrong but you cant tune an FMU.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnoxBB2 View Post
I agree with camshafted on this one.

My Build thread (F22/H23)

The only thing realistic about The Fast and the Furious is that the DSM breaks in the first race!
94 Civic EX - Totalled
89 Civic Hatch (fidanza flywheel, excedy clutch, intake, exhaust, short shifter, tein drop coils, D16ZC) -Sold
89 CRX (Stock) - Sold
94 Civic EX - Totalled
92 Prelude Si - Blown Motor
96 Chevy S10 (3inch lift kit, tinted windows, sound system, sunroof, ballin!) - Sold
96 Ford Explorer A.K.A: Chopsmobile (If you drive it you will know why I call it the Chopsmobile) - Blown Tranny
91 Honda Accord (Stock) - DD
99 Hyundai Elantra - Sold
99 Ford Taurus - doin it...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.