Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Tech-Talk > 3rd Gen Honda Prelude

Thread Title
engine mount

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2016, 10:59 AM
MY FIRST POST YEAH!
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)
royots is on a distinguished road
engine mount

Anyone know where I can find an engine mount by the timing belt cover on a 90 si 2.1L Not available from Honda & haven't found it from any of my parts sources.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)
Jpjpops is on a distinguished road
Re: engine mount

If you live in GA there is a junk yard in Fairburn that has a 91 prelude with about 70% of the parts still on it. I have been taking parts from it for my 1990 prelude.

If I have time I will see if it's still there. If your looking for used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (157 Bytes, 31 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle WA USA
Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)
luda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond reputeluda8890 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: engine mount

You are right, nobody offers the 90-91 timing belt side mount anymore. You have to use a 88-89 timing belt side mount+the 88-89 mount bucket(steel bracket that covers the mount). The 90-91 chassy has the mounting locations for both mount buckets.

Last edited by luda8890; 03-28-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2016, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 2,261
iTrader: (1)
luzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: engine mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda8890 View Post
You are right, nobody offers the 90-91 timing belt side mount anymore. You have to use a 88-89 timing belt side mount+the 88-89 mount bucket(steel bracket that covers the mount). The 90-91 chassy has the mounting locations for both mount buckets.
I just want to add that there are three parts to that mount, and he will need all three if he converts to the 88/89 mount. The rubber filled mount, the mount bucket, and the part that attaches to the engine.
__________________
1991 Prelude Si ALB 4WS
2017 Ram Rebel
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)
huggies is on a distinguished road
Re: engine mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by royots View Post
Anyone know where I can find an engine mount by the timing belt cover on a 90 si 2.1L Not available from Honda & haven't found it from any of my parts sources.
I could look and see if I have one. don't know if it would work though, it would be off 89 2.0.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 2,261
iTrader: (1)
luzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond reputeluzer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: engine mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggies View Post
I could look and see if I have one. don't know if it would work though, it would be off 89 2.0.
It will work for him as long as you have all three parts of the mount. I'm using a mount from an 89 2.0 si on my 91 Si ALB (2.1). As mentioned, there are mounting provisions for both styles of mounts in the engine bay, so you can use either style as long as you have all three pieces. Be advised though that the bolts for the piece that attaches to the engine block are very tight, and can be easily stripped if you are not careful.
__________________
1991 Prelude Si ALB 4WS
2017 Ram Rebel
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)
huggies is on a distinguished road
Re: engine mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzer View Post
It will work for him as long as you have all three parts of the mount. I'm using a mount from an 89 2.0 si on my 91 Si ALB (2.1). As mentioned, there are mounting provisions for both styles of mounts in the engine bay, so you can use either style as long as you have all three pieces. Be advised though that the bolts for the piece that attaches to the engine block are very tight, and can be easily stripped if you are not careful.
Noted, thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrong engine mount in my Prelude... Era9X 4th Gen Honda Prelude 7 02-26-2012 04:49 PM
Mount Engine 92-96 LutadorH23 4th Gen Honda Prelude 4 10-08-2010 10:53 AM
engine mount kkp5006 4th Gen Honda Prelude 1 02-04-2010 11:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.