Honda Prelude Forum
 
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Tech-Talk > 2nd Gen Honda Prelude

Thread Title
What can i do with my preludeż?

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)
andersonoswaldochun is on a distinguished road
Icon9 What can i do with my preludeż?

hi everybody i have a question:

i have Honda Prelude SI 1986 Motor BT2710949 my ask is where is the computer and can i modd my prelude? i´m from Guatemala city and maybe someone help me
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)
andersonoswaldochun is on a distinguished road
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

someoneż
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2009, 12:17 PM
djp's Avatar
djp djp is offline
missin' the lude.

ROTM!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,249
iTrader: (0)
djp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond reputedjp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

That's an awfully broad question man. Do some research in the second gen section, see what you would want to do with your car, then we can help you from there. As far as can you mod your Prelude? The answer is of course, yes.

Last edited by djp; 08-27-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Not So New
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)
Sofireguy is on a distinguished road
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

To answer your computer question. The computer is located under the driver-side rear armrest. If you take out the cigarette ash tray you can see it. And if it has any stored codes since it is OBD0, it will be blinking and would need to be addressed. Is it the A20 (SOHC) or B20 (DOHC) motor? There are a many things you can do to your car, or any car rather. It just all depends on how much time and sweat you're willing to put into it. But, contrary to many "newer" hondas, there aren't really many bolt on mods or Aftermarket parts for our cars. You can say there are black sheep for the motors and trannys. A lot of people do motor swaps. Most of your work will have to be fabrication for this car if you want to change things.

Hope I helped.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)
andersonoswaldochun is on a distinguished road
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofireguy View Post
To answer your computer question. The computer is located under the driver-side rear armrest. If you take out the cigarette ash tray you can see it. And if it has any stored codes since it is OBD0, it will be blinking and would need to be addressed. Is it the A20 (SOHC) or B20 (DOHC) motor? There are a many things you can do to your car, or any car rather. It just all depends on how much time and sweat you're willing to put into it. But, contrary to many "newer" hondas, there aren't really many bolt on mods or Aftermarket parts for our cars. You can say there are black sheep for the motors and trannys. A lot of people do motor swaps. Most of your work will have to be fabrication for this car if you want to change things.

Hope I helped.
hi bro thanks i have a question my motor is BT 2710949 i don´t know if is Sohc or Dohc
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 01:15 AM
RimersburgLuder's Avatar
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rimersburg, PA
Posts: 153
iTrader: (0)
RimersburgLuder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RimersburgLuder
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

Well I'll tell ya right now 2nd gen preludes never came stock with a Dohc Engine and in he US the most certainly never came with a B20. It is either an A18A Base model Lude or an A20A SI. Si is PGMFI or simpler put fuel injected and the A18 is carbureted. Dual Side drafts I almost positive they are side draft carbs. As for mods this depends with model you Have they make a few Short ram intakes for the A20 and The only exhaust company I know or is Monza which I would stay away from haven't heard good thing besy way to go is custom exhaust. Colt Cams make cams for our 2n gens Should make for both motors not certain though and Paeco industries make a fe tings for our cars aswell. So there your best bet for the SI. Now for the base you can either do the airbox mod you can find thi on preludepower I believe and if you want I can try and find you a link. If you don't wanna go that way you can find Weber carbs on ebay but I believe the company quit making them so they will be a tad pricey. No cmpany as far as I now makes an exhaust for the base so customs the way to go there. Now thats motor wise so if you need any more help let m know. I am by far no expert but like to think that I know my way around a 2nd gen pretty good. Anyway figure out your which motor you have an let me now if you need anymore help I will try my best. Sorry forthe very long post and horendous typing idk wtf is up with me tonight lol Hoe I helped :)


Als I just read about your comp problem and a far as I know the Base model with the A18 has no computer because there is no need for it but I could be wrong but the SI needs a computer for the PGMFI and such someone please correct me if I am wrong...

Last edited by RimersburgLuder; 09-24-2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: I wanted too
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)
andersonoswaldochun is on a distinguished road
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimersburgLuder View Post
Well I'll tell ya right now 2nd gen preludes never came stock with a Dohc Engine and in he US the most certainly never came with a B20. It is either an A18A Base model Lude or an A20A SI. Si is PGMFI or simpler put fuel injected and the A18 is carbureted. Dual Side drafts I almost positive they are side draft carbs. As for mods this depends with model you Have they make a few Short ram intakes for the A20 and The only exhaust company I know or is Monza which I would stay away from haven't heard good thing besy way to go is custom exhaust. Colt Cams make cams for our 2n gens Should make for both motors not certain though and Paeco industries make a fe tings for our cars aswell. So there your best bet for the SI. Now for the base you can either do the airbox mod you can find thi on preludepower I believe and if you want I can try and find you a link. If you don't wanna go that way you can find Weber carbs on ebay but I believe the company quit making them so they will be a tad pricey. No cmpany as far as I now makes an exhaust for the base so customs the way to go there. Now thats motor wise so if you need any more help let m know. I am by far no expert but like to think that I know my way around a 2nd gen pretty good. Anyway figure out your which motor you have an let me now if you need anymore help I will try my best. Sorry forthe very long post and horendous typing idk wtf is up with me tonight lol Hoe I helped :)


Als I just read about your comp problem and a far as I know the Base model with the A18 has no computer because there is no need for it but I could be wrong but the SI needs a computer for the PGMFI and such someone please correct me if I am wrong...
hi bro you stay in the correct well what can i say my prelude it´s a A20A SI PGM-FI 2.0 and i don´t found the computer maybe this weekend change my 2gen for a 5gen but are now i´m waitin for the bussines :D and this my motor in this moments check :D

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1336~1.jpg (167.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09399.jpg (110.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09372.jpg (67.8 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:47 PM
RimersburgLuder's Avatar
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rimersburg, PA
Posts: 153
iTrader: (0)
RimersburgLuder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RimersburgLuder
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

Yep thats the two o... So if you do end up keeping it.. ik what your plans are? but if you do check out Colt Cams and Paeco Industries...As far as valvetrain they ot you covered. A good angled valve job will go far wth our motors as well as a cam and new valves and sprins and such... I'm not sure what your going for if you let me know I can look up some prices and get you a list of a good setup... if you end up goig wit the 5th gen well 'm absolutley no help there lol but I will tell you theres more aftermarket support as wel as a plethora of members on here that ill hook you up right with all the knoledge you need to know and then some. Your bain will explode by the time there done filling your head with all the tips an tricks and all that **** of the 5th gens.So e me know whats up bud and hopefully I ca hep ya out more if not keep rollin he lude aleast. I unfrtunetly am goin to sell mine not sure if I'll ever get another one o not mabe opefully lol... Take her easy bud... later
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)
andersonoswaldochun is on a distinguished road
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimersburgLuder View Post
Yep thats the two o... So if you do end up keeping it.. ik what your plans are? but if you do check out Colt Cams and Paeco Industries...As far as valvetrain they ot you covered. A good angled valve job will go far wth our motors as well as a cam and new valves and sprins and such... I'm not sure what your going for if you let me know I can look up some prices and get you a list of a good setup... if you end up goig wit the 5th gen well 'm absolutley no help there lol but I will tell you theres more aftermarket support as wel as a plethora of members on here that ill hook you up right with all the knoledge you need to know and then some. Your bain will explode by the time there done filling your head with all the tips an tricks and all that **** of the 5th gens.So e me know whats up bud and hopefully I ca hep ya out more if not keep rollin he lude aleast. I unfrtunetly am goin to sell mine not sure if I'll ever get another one o not mabe opefully lol... Take her easy bud... later

hi bro well i´m from Guatemala and how you know here we speak spanish i understan a little english and let me say i want setup my lude for aceleration in 1/8 of mile and want use daily what do you think i need change in my lude?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2009, 01:06 AM
RimersburgLuder's Avatar
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rimersburg, PA
Posts: 153
iTrader: (0)
RimersburgLuder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RimersburgLuder
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

Auto or manual? Well I can tell you the short ram intake will help you with bottom end but drop off about mid range but will be overall better than stock. I cam will also give you more overall power it really just depends on how much you wanna spend the best bang for your buck would be to find a reputable builder which living where you do I'm gonna assume will be hard? correct me if I'm wrong? anyway he best bang for yur buck will be an angled Valve job. But I wouldnt half ass that I would highly suggest you find someone very reputable becase thts not something you wanna **** up ya know?

Sorry I just glanced over your pic again on the way up top an realized you laready have a short ram intake lol, Nest sep I would go would be exhaust. Maybe do a little research and try and find some headers not sure ifthey make them for our cars or not but a little searching goes a long way lol
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:49 PM
ludenight95's Avatar
Gold Member
ROTM!
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Near San Antonio
Posts: 992
iTrader: (0)
ludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond reputeludenight95 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

que quieres hacer mas o menos con tu carro? Mis papas son de SLP y he ido por Guatemala algunas veces.. estas buscando la computadora verdad? si necesitas que te ayude con algo nomas me mandas un "PM" y luego de alli vemos

for you PZ members, i was just telling the dude to hit me up if he needed any help with the translations and what not
__________________

Luderz.Unity.Determined. by Eternal Respect
Need a sig? PM me and well get you one
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)
dealwithit is on a distinguished road
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

try checking on ebay ;)
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2009, 06:33 PM
RimersburgLuder's Avatar
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rimersburg, PA
Posts: 153
iTrader: (0)
RimersburgLuder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RimersburgLuder
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

No aftermarket support for 2nd gens so ebay wont even help ya out. Only aftermarket support was already named in above posts by me. Even if there were aftermarket support ebay would be the worst place to buy from... Sorry dude not trying to be an asshole just dont wanna point someone in the wrong direction. Anything from ebay is mostly junk but never NEVER buy motor parts or anything to that affect from ebay... unless you want your motor to last you all of 2 seconds then sure go for it... but really dont lol
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm New
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)
andersonoswaldochun is on a distinguished road
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludenight95 View Post
que quieres hacer mas o menos con tu carro? Mis papas son de SLP y he ido por Guatemala algunas veces.. estas buscando la computadora verdad? si necesitas que te ayude con algo nomas me mandas un "PM" y luego de alli vemos

for you PZ members, i was just telling the dude to hit me up if he needed any help with the translations and what not
brother necesito el bomper delantero y las loderas de ambos lados me puedes cotizar eso porfa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealwithit View Post
try checking on ebay ;)
thanks but i don´t found anything .rvm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimersburgLuder View Post
No aftermarket support for 2nd gens so ebay wont even help ya out. Only aftermarket support was already named in above posts by me. Even if there were aftermarket support ebay would be the worst place to buy from... Sorry dude not trying to be an asshole just dont wanna point someone in the wrong direction. Anything from ebay is mostly junk but never NEVER buy motor parts or anything to that affect from ebay... unless you want your motor to last you all of 2 seconds then sure go for it... but really dont lol
thanks bro
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:37 AM
RimersburgLuder's Avatar
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rimersburg, PA
Posts: 153
iTrader: (0)
RimersburgLuder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RimersburgLuder
Re: What can i do with my preludeż?

Anytime man. Any updates so far with your ride?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


Copyright © 2006-2009 PreludeZone.com All Rights Reserved.